Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRA Action Alert - For Savannah, Georgia
http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs020...04009.html
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Savannah is about an hour away from me, this is indeed a big deal down here among smokers as it's the closest major city except for Charleston. Johnson is an absolute moron and is unlikely to listen to anyone who isn't a resident of Savannah, but by all means write to him. Maybe if he gets an overwhelming response he will realize what a freaking tool he is.

One of the fears of women who smoke down here is: you will not be able to smoke within 15 feet of an entrance, and you are not allowed to carry a drink of a bar out into the street. So they will have to leave their drink at the bar, and date-rape drugs like Rohypnol being slipped into women's drinks in hardly unheard of down here.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Angry email to government official sent!
--Mike
Anyone can send the e mail. The more people the better.

Keep up the good work..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Here's mine:

-------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Johnson,

I am writing to express my astonishment at your proposal to expand the state's Clean Air Act to the detriment of private clubs and cigar establishments within the great city of Savannah. First off, cigars are a LEGAL product and represent the livelihood of a number of Georgia residents. Residents that are already suffering under the current sad state of the economy.

Secondly, cigar establishments and private smoking clubs cater to smokers, which whether your office likes it or not is an entirely legal activity. You are on record as saying: "If someone in 2010 doesn't understand the dangers of smoking and they want to smoke, then they have a right to kill themselves if they want to, but they don't have the right to kill other people. This is to reduce the effect of secondhand smoke. For people with certain medical conditions, you can see and feel the effect of that smoke." That is fine and dandy, but people who don't smoke don't go to cigar establishments! A cigar bar exists for one purpose: to allow cigar smokers a place to congregate and relax with others that enjoy this LEGAL activity on PRIVATE PROPERTY.

By all means, require such establishments to plainly post: 'This is a smoking establishment. Second-hand smoke will be present and may be detrimental to your health. Enter at your own risk!' Require people coming in or seeking membership to sign a waiver that they understand the risks of secondhand smoke. Don't they already have air-handling systems that remove smoke? I've been to cigar bars elsewhere and you couldn't even detect a hint of smoke. Is a little cigar bar more of a health hazard than the stinking industries all along the Savannah River?

I understand that your duties as mayor are far-reaching, and that part of your job is to ensure a safe environment for Savannah. How safe an environment are you ensuring for women when they have to leave their drink at a bar in order to go smoke yards away from an establishment while their drinks can be tampered with by the introduction of date-rape drugs like Rohypnol?

Sir, it is not your prerogative to be a 'nanny' to grown adults and to ruin the livelihood of others by arbitrarily going after people engaging in a perfectly legal activity - an activity which brings appreciable revenue through taxation to the state of Georgia I might add. This is a FREE country last time I checked.
------------------------

As I and the Mum say, by all means write to them. The cigar places down here are generally little mom n' pop enterprises that have been around for a long time. It is ridiculous what a nanny state this country is becoming.
Just sent a variation to each council member as well.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]