Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graycliff what's all the hype
cigarsarge Wrote:I like the Expresso's...Not the price.
Yep. Liked the Espresso just fine.
Glad that it was ET who got it for me.
It was my "Mystery Cigar" on one shipment.
Normally, I don't ever pay that much.
There are too many awesome $5 cigars.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Don't know how much hype there is, since there aren't all that many people who really like them.  They're simply expensive.  Espressos are good cigars, but as everyone has said, not worth anywhere near $20.  I got a box around 2 years ago at about $12 each.  That's a bit much.  I doubt I'll be replacing it when it's finished.  I've got a little over half the box left.  They tend to be somewhat harsh, so maybe they'll calm down after a couple of years and turn into something better.  They don't really seem to have the background flavors, so I kind of doubt it.

I haven't tried the others, and I probably won't.  B-Dub is right on.  There are just too many good cigars out there in the $5-7 range to spend more on anything that isn't really special.  For $12+, Opus X, Padron Anniversary, Ashton VSG, or Davidoff Millenium Blend are much better cigars.
The only ones I have liked so far are the Espressos (black label) ones.  The others are mediocre, at best, IMO and isn't nearly worth the price tag.  And of the ones I did smoke, none of them burned straight.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
I agree. I buy them only at events... you know, buy 1 get 1 free. Half price they are almost worth it, but generally I do not enjoy these all that much.
again the espressos are the only ones worth considering and even then not at their asking price.  the others are mediocre cigars further hamstrung by ludicrous going rates.  comptently constructed well burning flavorless air.   
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:again the espressos are the only ones worth considering and even then not at their asking price.  the others are mediocre cigars further hamstrung by ludicrous going rates.  comptently constructed well burning flavorless air.   

Weird -- maybe it's the fact that I've only smoked these in the Bahamas, about 50 feet from where they're rolled, but I found them full of amazing depth.
ScoopKW Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:again the espressos are the only ones worth considering and even then not at their asking price.  the others are mediocre cigars further hamstrung by ludicrous going rates.  comptently constructed well burning flavorless air.   

Weird -- maybe it's the fact that I've only smoked these in the Bahamas, about 50 feet from where they're rolled, but I found them full of amazing depth.
I think atmosphere/ambience can effect teh way a cigar tastes or at least how you remember it tasting.
get the Black espresso best of the bunch. $12.99 for the robusto here...no tax. [rob]