Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBID
I checked out C-bid after reading many posts on this site concerning getting cigars there.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them shipped to Ontario Canada?
Not sure........ Got anyone that you know on the border that you can have them shipped to and then have them ship the cigars to you???? For that matter, anyone in the states that you know?
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

[police] I am always looking for volunteers of this nature
IamCanadian Wrote:[police] I am always looking for volunteers of this nature
Sounds awefully strange to me, especially coming from such a newcomer...
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
Robbie Wrote:Sounds awefully strange to me, especially coming from such a newcomer...

[really] Kinda odd Robbie, not sure what you are suggesting.  Before I comment further maybe you can clarify your comment.

[user=1323]stogiedad.1[/user] wrote:
Quote:Not sure........ Got anyone that you know on the border that you can have them shipped to and then have them ship the cigars to you???? For that matter, anyone in the states that you know?

IamCanadian:  "I am always looking for volunteers of this nature"

So you just joined the board and you're looking for someone to help you get cigars across international borders?  You certainly had very, very little to say in your introduction.  Then you post something related to CBID and then the OPUSX post related to CIGAR.COM, which had ridiculously high prices (and BOTH sites are part of cigarsinternational BTW in case some didn't know). 

So my question is, who are you?  This is a very friendly and open forum and we all like to know each other very well.  Tell us more about yourself, who you are, and what you do...
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
Robbie, if this is a very open and friendly site, then why does it feel like I was attacked for making a simple comment to another member in response to his suggestion of how to ship cigars to Canada. 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f" 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"I don't see any harm in any posts that I have made, this is casual "conversation" not a job application or a court tribunal.  Your reference to me being new here reminds me of a high school student walking to the back of the bus on his first day at a new school and the older students sending him to the front.  Except the rules here prohibit high school students from participating so it should only be adults. 

I am getting used to making posts and although I don't have much knowledge to share I will share when I can.  The opusX post is not meant as an advertisement. Simply I thought those sticks were hard to come by.  References to CBID were only made after me reading dozens of postings on this site about CBID.  I don't think it is relevant that both sites are cigarsinternational and I believe that cigar.com only shares wherehouse space and selected inventory with cigarsinternational.   In addition, I PMd one of the moderators to ensure references to other retailers were permitted.

To date my cigar smoking experiences have been great.  BOTL have been friendly, helpful, casual and humorous.  Its too bad your sense of entitlement due to your large number of quality posts is contrary to my regular experience.  Perhaps it would be best that when you see the flag from your Canadian cousins to the north, don't read the post.  I wouldn't want to further offend your stature on Stogie Chat.com.
IamCanadian, you have to understand that from time to time we see people join the site with questionable intentions.  Robbie is a stand up member of SC and BOTL. And he is correct that we are a close board and that posting something like your referance for volunteers to send cigars to you from the U.S seems a bit unusual in your first few posts.

No harm done though. Hope you continue to post and get to know the members here [thumbsup]
[user=1702]IamCanadian[/user] wrote:
Quote:Robbie, if this is a very open and friendly site, then why does it feel like I was attacked for making a simple comment to another member in response to his suggestion of how to ship cigars to Canada. 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f" 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"I don't see any harm in any posts that I have made, this is casual "conversation" not a job application or a court tribunal.  Your reference to me being new here reminds me of a high school student walking to the back of the bus on his first day at a new school and the older students sending him to the front.  Except the rules here prohibit high school students from participating so it should only be adults. 

I am getting used to making posts and although I don't have much knowledge to share I will share when I can.  The opusX post is not meant as an advertisement. Simply I thought those sticks were hard to come by.  References to CBID were only made after me reading dozens of postings on this site about CBID.  I don't think it is relevant that both sites are cigarsinternational and I believe that cigar.com only shares wherehouse space and selected inventory with cigarsinternational.   In addition, I PMd one of the moderators to ensure references to other retailers were permitted.

To date my cigar smoking experiences have been great.  BOTL have been friendly, helpful, casual and humorous.  Its too bad your sense of entitlement due to your large number of quality posts is contrary to my regular experience.  Perhaps it would be best that when you see the flag from your Canadian cousins to the north, don't read the post.  I wouldn't want to further offend your stature on Stogie Chat.com.

1)  When you think Robbie has a number of quality posts...look around...there are MANY more active than Robbie on this site.   (I do have to agree with you, however, that most all of Robbie's comments are quality posts...the one here where he asks you more about yourself, for instance.)

2)  Second, I thought your handle and "looking for volunteers" to be interesting to say the least.  Maybe it's just my suspicious nature, but experiences in the past have led down the path of "ISO (In Search Of) OpusX (or you name the hard-to-find) and I'll send you my ISOMs" which has then many times shown to be either fakes (they have them in Canada too) or Feds (them too).  You may be neither, or both.

3)  I'm not sure why they won't ship to you from CBID or CI, but if it's for a legal purpose and you're asking someone to volunteer to help you...you're asking them to perform an illegal act to help you score some cigars for less than what you might pay in Canada?  Way to ingratiate yourself to the group.

4)  I am affiliated with Cordova Cigars in that I've known Robbie for about 2 years now (correct me if I'm wrong, Robbie) and have learned a lot from him regarding cigars and people.

5)  Read more, post less...
MK, I respect your approach and your kind words.  I do understand Robbie's thoughts as well.  I guess the way I see it is that if you read the entire thread it reads like it is meant, as an off the cuff comment about the difficulty in getting good cigar selection/price in Canada.

I guess what is not captured there is the fact that I would never ask a BOTL to break the law in any way and risk his liberty through the movement of sticks accross the border. 

Understandably, the typed word sometimes does not caputre the tone and body language that are usually reflected in a more traditional form of communication.

I do look forward to posting more "knowledgable" posts in the future.