Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO america
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:However... I have a suspicion that it will not age well. I'm thinking those wonderful flavors will meld into something bland in a few months.

Interesting point.  Kind of goes with what others have written about CAOs not meant for aging.  I plan to fire one up tonight during the monday night football game.

Speaking (writing) of football, any of you Jets fans want some action on this week's game against the Bills?Sad
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:
tafdom Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:However... I have a suspicion that it will not age well. I'm thinking those wonderful flavors will meld into something bland in a few months.
That sucks, I just ordered 2 boxes today.  So what your saying is, Have a really big herf.
Terry, just a little advice. This is only my opinion so take it for what it is worth.  When you first hear of a cigar or a new release comes out, don't run out and buy a box. First buy a couple of singles or a fiver, smoke them first and if you like them enough then commit to a box.

Another thing, just because Skip may think they will age into a blah stick, doesn't mean they will. Maybe a good chance that they will but you never know for sure.

That's simply not true. If I say a stick is great-Take that to the bank. If I say it stinks, then save your money!

Hey, I have a great bridge to sell you for only a few stinking bucks!

Seriously, fish is (oddly enough) right. This is my opinion, and while I am quick to share my opinions, you may not share mine (neat play on words there... no?) Anyway, also my thoughts about the cigar becoming mundane is at best a slightly educated guess on my part. (but, on this point I am willing to take bets)
I would take your advice as a high recommendation, John. However you and I share some very similar tastes and I've also agreed with everything you have recommened to me so far. The point I'm tring to make to Terry is that don't take everything you hear as law. My favorite smoke could be his worst. I feel for him as someone new to the game, sample the singles before running out and buying a box.
the spice of life...
Smoking one now, half way through it.  This is my first ever 'barber pole' type cigar and I am not familiar with how they are made / rolled, but this cigar is really cool looking.  The lines almost look drawn on.  This is a bigger ring guage than I usually smoke, but I am glad we did the box split as I probably would not have bought this size on my own and I am enjoyng it.

I have to agree with Mike D - tastes a lot like an Italia to me, which is good.  Lots and lots of smoke.  Flavors include coffee / espresso, woody, and I want to say soil?

These are well made, beautiful looking cigars - the kind you like to give to others so they can enjoy them too.  Its easy to smoke, no harshness at all, not much spice and I would smoke one again.  Of course, I see this as being the mandatory cigar on the 4th of July next year.

I want to thank Fishhound for putting together the group buy and letting me in on this.  As we all know, Rob is a generous guy and adds so much to the forum.  Thanks man.
Aye, thanks fishhound!
Magnum PI Wrote:Smoking one now, half way through it.  This is my first ever 'barber pole' type cigar and I am not familiar with how they are made / rolled, but this cigar is really cool looking.  The lines almost look drawn on.  [color="blue"]This is a bigger ring guage than I usually smoke, but I am glad we did the box split as I probably would not have bought this size on my own and I and enjoyng it.[/color]

I have to agree with Mike D - tastes a lot like an Italia to me, which is good.  Lots and lots of smoke.  Flavors include coffee / espresso, woody, and I want to say soil?

These are well made, beautiful looking cigars - the kind you like to give to others so they can enjoy them too.  Its easy to smoke, no harshness at all, not much spice and I would smoke one again.  Of course, I see this as being the mandatory cigar on the 4th of July next year.

I want to thank Fishhound for putting together the group buy and letting me in on this.  As we all know, Rob is a generous guy and adds so much to the forum.  Thanks man.
Andy that is the smallest ring size of the three violas that are available. The robusto is a 56 if I remember correctly

I wouldn't be surprised...  my experience with CAO's that they usually dont age very gracefully at all
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised...  my experience with CAO's that they usually dont age very gracefully at all
I know quite a few women like that as well. Tongue
fishhound Wrote:
MikeD Wrote:

I know quite a few women like that as well. Tongue
[lol][lol]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:

Mikey if ya have any that have been resting for a while, I will gladly take them off your hands......Big Grin