Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO america
fishhound Wrote:Finally tried my first one, I thought it was ok. Defiantly not one of my favorite smokes but had some good flavors, not very complex or challenging.  I would say it is on the mild side of medium in body and strength,  I have to agree with Skip and CigarSarge  that these will  not age well at all.

I defy you to have another!

I will make sure to have these around come the 4th of July.

America Becomes CAO’s Tenth Brand To Receive "90" Rating

Nashville, October 12, 2007: CAO, one of the world’s foremost premium cigar manufacturers, was awarded a ‘90’ rating ("OUTSTANDING") for its most recent release—CAO America—in the October 9 edition of Cigar Insider and was also the ‘Featured Cigar’ of the issue.

Cigar Insider is the bi-monthly newsletter published by Cigar Aficionado magazine, widely regarded as the ultimate authority on the world of premium cigars. In a feat unprecedented in the history of the premium cigar industry, this marks the tenth CAO cigar line to receive a ‘90’ or above rating from Cigar Insider and Cigar Aficionado. "We’re honored to receive this recognition, and I believe it is a testimony to our continuing efforts in developing blends that are not only unique, but maintain our level of quality, as well," said CAO President Tim Ozgener. "Our goal has always been to produce cigars that are diverse in taste but consistent in excellence; that this is our tenth CAO brand to receive the benchmark ‘90’ rating in just over ten years is a testimony to the hard work everyone has put forth at CAO."
Packaged in boxes of 20 cigars, CAO America is available in three shapes: Potomac (5" x 56), the torpedo-shaped Monument (6 ¼" x 54), and Landmark (6" x 60).
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
America Becomes CAO’s Tenth Brand To Receive "90" Rating

Nashville, October 12, 2007: CAO, one of the world’s foremost premium cigar manufacturers, was awarded a ‘90’ rating ("OUTSTANDING") for its most recent release—CAO America—in the October 9 edition of Cigar Insider and was also the ‘Featured Cigar’ of the issue.

Cigar Insider is the bi-monthly newsletter published by Cigar Aficionado magazine, widely regarded as the ultimate authority on the world of premium cigars. In a feat unprecedented in the history of the premium cigar industry, this marks the tenth CAO cigar line to receive a ‘90’ or above rating from Cigar Insider and Cigar Aficionado. "We’re honored to receive this recognition, and I believe it is a testimony to our continuing efforts in developing blends that are not only unique, but maintain our level of quality, as well," said CAO President Tim Ozgener. "Our goal has always been to produce cigars that are diverse in taste but consistent in excellence; that this is our tenth CAO brand to receive the benchmark ‘90’ rating in just over ten years is a testimony to the hard work everyone has put forth at CAO."

Packaged in boxes of 20 cigars, CAO America is available in three shapes: Potomac (5" x 56), the torpedo-shaped Monument (6 ¼" x 54), and Landmark (6" x 60).
As Rob would say, "I don't get it."

And by the way CA also gave the Power a score in the 90's, I won't be running out to get that one either.
I agree but the Skipper doesn't..
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Okay to finish my review that I started a few nights ago.  The CAO Landmark is a BIG, BAD cigar.  I fired her up at 12:16 a.m. and I was still going with her at 2:00 a.m.  I finally had to let her go out on her own with 1/4th left.  It was too damn late for me to stay up and I was in my ND garage and I was cold.  Luckily I had my wireless laptop and a TV out there the whole time.

Now to the rest of the review.  Initially I liked the CAO America but it did not really blow me away with a WOW!  Until, about an hour into the smoke I felt the taste of a sweat candy in the back of my throat.  I could not get enough of this taste.  This candy flavor was like the ForeverLasting Gobstopper as this cigar    S-L-O-W-L-Y burned.  As I mentioned above, two full hours and I still had a lot left. 

I had to touch up with a lighter a couple of times past the hour mark and I ran into a little tunneling later on.  But the flavor just got better and better.  The smoke was creamy and billowed around my head with each puff.  

Like the La Gloria Cubana Serie R I absolutely love the large size of this stick.  I have come to appreciate the flavors that seem come with the 58-60 sizes.

This is a must try smoke for any cigar lover.  I characterize it as a sweet, mellow tasting medium bodied cigar if that makes sense.  I would get sick of smoking this one regularily but I will keep a stash in my humidor and I plan to break them out with some age on them for myself and friends on some of the classic American holidays. 

Daryn
tafdom Wrote:[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote: CAO is a brand that I have tried to dislike because of its Italian roots.  

Quote:Hey, I resemble that remark.[lol][italy]

Awesome view man! great job.

Like the new Italian tire

dago over land

dago over water

but when dago flat

dago whop whop whop
Quote:
Quote:Tafdom,  I may have to clarify.  I mean no disrespect to the Italians.  I just don't think of cigars when I think of Italy.
Quote:If the Cubans offered a great spaghetti I guess I would not try to like it well... cause one does not think of Cuba for pasta.
Quote:Happy smoking!
US_Tank Wrote:[user=879]tafdom[/user] wrote:
Quote:[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote: CAO is a brand that I have tried to dislike because of its Italian roots.  

dago over land

dago over water

but when dago flat

dago whop whop whop
Quote:
Quote:Tafdom,  I may have to clarify.  I mean no disrespect to the Italians.  I just don't think of cigars when I think of Italy.
Quote:If the Cubans offered a great spaghetti I guess I would not try to like it well... cause one does not think of Cuba for pasta.
Quote:LOL, LOL, LOL, I don't think you will be disrespecting Tafdom (especially if you saw him)? However, Jimmie the Mum, Fishhound and others, well what can I say...I do agree with you about the comment tho. lol
Honorary Shield Brother
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:[user=879]tafdom[/user] wrote:
Quote:[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:

dago over land

dago over water

but when dago flat

dago whop whop whop
Quote:
Quote:LOL, LOL, LOL, I don't think you will be disrespecting Tafdom (especially if you saw him)? However, Jimmie the Mum, Fishhound and others, well what can I say...I do agree with you about the comment tho. lol
Who me? Irish and Polish here, sorry no Italian, unless it can rub off on you during sexy time.   Wink
About six months ago I made it a point to by some samplers online and expand my limited cigar knowledge.  Oh sure I had some Cubans from Mexico, I had an adequate humidor, and I knew the value of storing some good cigars.

With that said I received numerous catalogs from Finck's, Holts, etc and of course started trolling this site.  Now here I sit today and know that names of all the relevant players and have tried a lot of good smokes.

But that CAO brand from Italy was a brand that just turned me off cause I did not associate it as a good cigar.  Then I tried the MX2 Maduro that came in a sampler and like it.  A friend at my local cigar shop recommended and gave me a CX2 and it WOWED me.  Its the main staple of my humidor and my "go to" smoke.  Recently I tried the CAO Vision Prana before I knew of the humidor hype that comes with a box of them.  I really liked the Prana as it most closely tastes like the Montecristo White which is my favorite non Cuban cigar.

Then I tried the CAO America and I truly liked it.  It will be a cool cigar to break out on the 4th at the lake next year as I sit with the friends and enjoy Independence Day.
fishhound Wrote:As Rob would say, "I don't get it."

And by the way CA also gave the Power a score in the 90's, I won't be running out to get that one either.

I agree.  Pretty looking cigar, but just kind of simple.

Glad we did the box split though. 

By the way, I'm pretty sure that CAO is not an Italian company.  They have the Italia line of cigars, and thats as close to Italy as they get (ok, maybe the Sopranos too).  Both lines are worth trying.