Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO america
OK, I smoked one today on the water. Because I was fishing don't expect a real review, just my impressions.

First, it is a cool cigar. Looks like 3 wrapper leafs. It felt and smelt great. Lit well and smoked fantastic (with lots of neglect typical of a day on the water).

The flavors were striking. It was easy to pick out the multitude of tobacco in this stick. Bottom line, I enjoyed the crap out of this cigar.

However... I have a suspicion that it will not age well. I'm thinking those wonderful flavors will meld into something bland in a few months.
Interesting review John, I'm going to have to try one of mine soon.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:However... I have a suspicion that it will not age well. I'm thinking those wonderful flavors will meld into something bland in a few months.
That sucks, I just ordered 2 boxes today.  So what your saying is, Have a really big herf.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I was in on the box split here, and am really looking forward to setting fire to one of these beauties. Next weekend probably . . . I want to let them rest, but I'll be up in Austin then and let's face it, these are really impressive looking 'gars. It'll be fun to pull one out in front of the guys. Cool

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
tafdom Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:However... I have a suspicion that it will not age well. I'm thinking those wonderful flavors will meld into something bland in a few months.
That sucks, I just ordered 2 boxes today.  So what your saying is, Have a really big herf.
Terry, just a little advice. This is only my opinion so take it for what it is worth.  When you first hear of a cigar or a new release comes out, don't run out and buy a box. First buy a couple of singles or a fiver, smoke them first and if you like them enough then commit to a box.

Another thing, just because Skip may think they will age into a blah stick, doesn't mean they will. Maybe a good chance that they will but you never know for sure.
Smoked one myself last night...

Reminded me much of the Italia blend (they use some of that Italian tobacco in this filler blend as well), but only stronger with a touch of sweetness from the maduro wrapper.

Good cigar, but nothing really special.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
fishhound Wrote:
tafdom Wrote:
Terry, just a little advice. This is only my opinion so take it for what it is worth.  When you first hear of a cigar or a new release comes out, don't run out and buy a box. First buy a couple of singles or a fiver, smoke them first and if you like them enough then commit to a box.

Another thing, just because Skip may think they will age into a blah stick, doesn't mean they will. Maybe a good chance that they will but you never know for sure.
Great advice. Thanks for looking out for the newb. I just find it hard from a $$ standpoint to buy 1 when a box is much less. This is the ONLY place I go for info.  I started out using Famous Smoke ratings to buy. The 4 shops we have here SUCK and have no stock and are msrp + 50% and sales tax is 10%. Thanks again for your help. T

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:
tafdom Wrote:

Great advice. Thanks for looking out for the newb. I just find it hard from a $$ standpoint to buy 1 when a box is much less. This is the ONLY place I go for info.  I started out using Famous Smoke ratings to buy. The 4 shops we have here SUCK and have no stock and are msrp + 50% and sales tax is 10%. Thanks again for your help. T
Terry, with the amount of cigars I've seen that you have bought, I'm sure you have established some contacts with at least one or two vendors. When you are looking at new cigars to try, I'm sure a vendor such as Atlantic would be glad to put some samples together for you at a good price. That would be the approach that I would take.

You will have to call them to work out these details, but if you have patronized them in the past with a fair amount of business I'm sure they would hook you up with a few 5ers at a good price.
And Again, thanks for your help. T

fishhound Wrote:
tafdom Wrote:

That's simply not true. If I say a stick is great-Take that to the bank. If I say it stinks, then save your money!

Hey, I have a great bridge to sell you for only a few stinking bucks!

Seriously, fish is (oddly enough) right. This is my opinion, and while I am quick to share my opinions, you may not share mine (neat play on words there... no?) Anyway, also my thoughts about the cigar becoming mundane is at best a slightly educated guess on my part. (but, on this point I am willing to take bets)