Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO Vision Catalyst
I'm a new member and I'm betting this smoke has been reviewed here before but since it's a solid top shelf stogie that a lot of people are familiar with it may give an idea if I know my stogies from shoe leather.

I'd call myself an intermediate smoker. Typically I prefer mild to medium body smokes. The Vision, being a Corojo is not my typical smoke but I have had some nice corojo's. Other's have been a bit tough in the final third of the smoke.

It is way outside my price comfort zone but sometimes you have to treat yourself.

The construction of the cigar was ok. It did have a moderate amount of viens that actually did become a small issue part way through the cigar. I had some sepeation when the burn reached a place that a heavy vien intersected a seam in the wrapper. It straightened out pretty quick though so overall I'd say the burn was pretty acceptable.

Draw was super nice, cut with a small keychain punch cutter.

The first few hits were ok. Nothing special and I was semi set up to be disappointed. I actually thought at first that is resembled the Al Capone sweets that I admit a small weakness for as a quick smoke outside work which of course was a way surprising.  Hard to say what the similarity was but it had a weird kind of fruitiness at first. Which was good but a bit surprising. But as things progressed the flavors came on very nicely. All very much in the nice creamy caramel range. Just what I like.

The last part of the cigar was super nice. More flavor without a lot of resin sourness to speak of. I smoked it right past the ring.

Was it all it is cracked up to? Well that depends. I'd say it was clear while smoking it that it was a better than average smoke. But how much better was it than a moderat priced similar smoke? Something like a Cusano Corojo 97 perhaps? Yeah it was better. Very consistent and easy to smoke right down to a nub.

I'd give it low 90's as expected from a cigar with the kind of rep this cigar has.

Overall not disappointed at all and when my wife and I go away for a long weekend it will prolly be one of the handful of "special" smokes that I pack.

Selah.

Nice review! Smile

I haven't yet tried a Vision yet...I do have 1 or 2 floating around the humi though....looks like I have to find it.Big Grin

As for CAO...I usually go with a Brazilia.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Nice review! Smile

I haven't yet tried a Vision yet...I do have 1 or 2 floating around the humi though....looks like I have to find it.Big Grin

As for CAO...I usually go with a Brazilia.
Yeah I heard the Brazilia's are real good.
Nice review.  I have not tried one yet.  Thought the neon box was a gimmick to boost sales.  Now I will have to try one.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.