Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO Vision
I know a few of us bought boxes of these and I haven't smoked one since I bought the box due to the fact I thought they were a bit "green". Anyone torched one lately? I think it was February when I got mine and haven't tried one since then.
funny you should ask. I had one Sunday evening with Fishhound. My box was from the 1st shipment. It was harsh.
you know, maybe it's just me, but i am yet to meet a cao that ages well. although, i've never tried with a soprano. every time i find one of them, i'm too excited to let it rest. but all their other sticks, i think smoke their best when they are fresh. just my 2 cents.
sopranos & brazilias
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:sopranos & brazilias
you think the brazilias age well? i've had a box that's been in my humi for about a year- year and a half, and either my tastes are changing, or they aren't as good as i remember them being.
  It was one of those things when I got them and smoked one out of the box it tasted a bit green and grassy.  It seemed to have a creamy taste and on the mild side of medium I figured it just needed some time to relax but it doesn't seem promising on these. I reached for a Camacho Coyolar on the way out the door this morning instead. Talk about an A** kicker for a morning smoke!

I will try to give this another shot sometime this week anyway. If it's not good then I suppose I'll have to wait another six months. I suppose im pretty good at waiting it out. I do have unopened boxes from 5-6 years ago.
the only Brazillia I am a fan of is the Gol (& now the factory press)
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:the only Brazillia I am a fan of is the Gol (& now the factory press)
i love the gol, but i haven't lit up a box press yet. have one, just haven't lit it up. i need to though, i've heard good things.
Tattoo_Mike Wrote:I know a few of us bought boxes of these and I haven't smoked one since I bought the box due to the fact I thought they were a bit "green". Anyone torched one lately? I think it was February when I got mine and haven't tried one since then.

I cannot recall all the specifics of my first CAO Vision last month except for the fact that I thought it was damn good.  Expensive to say the least but I loved this cigar.  I compare it somewhat to the Montecristo White which is one of my non-Cuban favorite smokes.

I was actually in my local liquor store that has a nice little walk-in humidor.  The manager in charge of ordering cigars was talking to me about the various smokes in there.  He had noticed that I make frequent trips into his humidor and we got into some excellent cigar dialogue.  He tried to recommend a Cohiba Black to me but I informed him that I bought one from that very box he had sitting out and I was not impressed with the flavor and the burn was terrible.  Not at all expecting a freebie, he offered me up any cigar there as a "goodwill" gesture.  So I picked the CAO Vision.

I came back the next day and bought a couple more to have in my humidor at about $14 per smoke. 

OUCH, I think I gave 9 for mine. I have actually thought about getting another box. I liked it from the start. Thick blue billowing smoke. I got the small one though.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.