Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO Soprano Associate
Just had one of these with about 9 months of age on it.  I've had a handful of these fresh, and thought they were too harsh.  At 9 months, there's still a bit harsh, but not to an annoying extent.  I don't really expect CAOs to age well, but some time does this cigar some good.

The burn was perfect.  I thought the wrapper was a little hard and thick, but it helped the cigar stay together as the head softened up.  The flavors were all there.  I wasn't paying too much attention, but it was a good leathery cigar, with some cocoa and a hint of nutmeg.  There was plenty of depth beyond that, but as I said, I wasn't paying too much attention.

Overall, it was very full bodied and satisfying.  Fairly pricey - maybe not worth the extra couple of $$.  I doubt I'll ever buy a box of them, but I'll probably grab a handful of these cigars every now and then.
Nice review and yes,these age well,unlike most CAO's.
I grab boxes of associate for $157'ish and understand thats rare these days and not many can get good prices on these,but you can find some places with fair prices.
Excellent cigar and as Mark stated once or twice before,they are they best CAO has to offer imo.
As for stregnth,I feel more medium but thats my pallette.
I think I will smoke one today now,it's been a few weeks since my last one,thanks again.
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Excellent cigar and as Mark stated once or twice before,they are they best CAO has to offer
Cool
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"