Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO Gold
I smoked a CAO Gold tonight, gifted to me by Mike (WTFDIC). This won't be a full on review, but I wanted to share my positive thoughts about it.

Wrapper: Ecuador
Binder: Ecuador
Filler: Nicaragua
Vitola: Corona Gorda or Churchill (not sure since it was gifted, WTFDIC will hopefully correct me)
Mild-bodied smoke

Pre-light: I smelled the foot and detected notes of cedar. The wrapper also had a sweet smell that had cedar and molasses scents. It was very appealing. It was well-constructed without any blemishes on the wrapper.

I cut it and took a pre-draw, again noticing a light cedary taste.

Light-up and smoke: I found this to be a very consistent cigar. The flavor didn't change too much as I smoked through it. As before, I tasted the cedar and molasses, neither of which overpowered the other. It was a subtle smoking cigar, which produced ample amounts of smoke and burned evenly throughout.

I really enjoyed this as a change of pace from what I had been smoking: LFD Air Benders and Aston VSGs. This is definitely a stick I will buy.

Much appreciation to Mike for sending it my way.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
TFTR!
Smoke as many stogies as you can as they will be your last..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Glad you liked it brother! It was a churchill.
--Mike
I am also a fan of the CAO gold. Also the CAO Black.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.
-Jimmy Buffett
The local Reservation cigar shop in Sanborn, NY. sells a 4 pack of CAO Gold Coronas for $12.99. I always grab 1-2 of these each time I visit. Very smooth smoke with lots of flavor.
When I first started smoking I loved the Golds. They were mild for any time of day but had a nice creamy and smooth flavor that was awesome.

Glad you liked....and it would be a change from all those Airbenders dude. Big Diff
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin