Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO Cubist Ashtray
BuffaloBill Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
BuffaloBill Wrote:[user=44]Rob The Long Island Cowboy[/user] wrote:
Quote:excellent point.  and there's been no resolution from cao on this issue?  i'm suprised.

Well, they sent me a new one, but it took a month and a half to get the replacement and it had the exact same problem.  A letter had already fallen off before we even opened the box.  

I don't see how they can resolve it.  It's a poorly manufactured product.
that's not a resolution though.  that's a continuation of the problem.  very disappointing.  not only for the poor manufacturing but for the poor quality control.  it's a replacement part.  you'd think it would be the best of the lot regardless of the design flaws.  worse yet suppose this was the best of the lot.  either way it's lamentable.
I completely agree.  I am a mechanical engineer, so I understand manufacturing and I know that any time we have a customer complaint we make damn sure that the product we send when we need to make amends is 100% flawless. 

Evidently CAO doesn't live by the same standards.  Not only did one of the letters already fall off of my replacement ashtray (BEFORE I EVEN TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX!), but the rest of it looks like crap. 

Check out the sloppy glue on the C and A. 

[Image: DSCN3171.jpg]

This is so very disappointing. 
Is this a sign of their "New" management & owners?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:no, that is no resolution.  have you emailed that fellow again with this photo showing what you received?  i cannot equate what has taken place here with cao.  
I AGREE!!!! Bring this all the way to the top. If you need more contacts, I can help. this is poor.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:no, that is no resolution.  have you emailed that fellow again with this photo showing what you received?  i cannot equate what has taken place here with cao.  
I AGREE!!!! Bring this all the way to the top. If you need more contacts, I can help. this is poor.

skip has steve (i'm assuming he's the entire n/e) rep been made aware of this?  i'm sure it's an easy problem to fix once and for all. 

this is not the way cao works guys as i'm sure will be made self-evident by the end of this debacle. 

skip has steve (i'm assuming he's the entire n/e) rep been made aware of this?  i'm sure it's an easy problem to fix once and for all. 

this is not the way cao works guys as i'm sure will be made self-evident by the end of this debacle. 
I exchanged emails with Steve back in February and he helped me get the initial exchange set up.  I just let him know what happened with the replacement and shared this photo with him.  He said he was forwarding all of the info to their home office because he feels that this really needs to be addressed.
BuffaloBill Wrote:

I exchanged emails with Steve back in February and he helped me get the initial exchange set up.  I just let him know what happened with the replacement and shared this photo with him.  He said he was forwarding all of the info to their home office because he feels that this really needs to be addressed.

good stuff

Lets all keep this in perspective... CAO does not make this ashtray. Hell, they dont even make many of their own cigars and grow none of their own tobacco... But that's another topic.

This ashtray is manufactured for them by a 3rd party. It was designed by an artist... The quality of the ashtray, or lack there of, needs to be communicated to CAO. This is the ONLY way they will know and then can take it up with the manufacturer. Otherwise the manufacturer will get away with this and smudge COA's name unfairly.
BuffaloBill Wrote:

good stuff

Lets all keep this in perspective... CAO does not make this ashtray. Hell, they dont even make many of their own cigars and grow none of their own tobacco... But that's another topic.

This ashtray is manufactured for them by a 3rd party. It was designed by an artist... The quality of the ashtray, or lack there of, needs to be communicated to CAO. This is the ONLY way they will know and then can take it up with the manufacturer. Otherwise the manufacturer will get away with this and smudge COA's name unfairly.
fair enough.  but their name is on it.  in the end the only way we can judge their involvement is by how they help to resolve it and i'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that they will see that good is made on it.  in the end it's an inconvenience but it will be resolved to your satisfaction b/b. 
precicesly Rob...

Heck, it may not even be the manufacturers problem... maybe they got a bad batch of glue...
Update:

There is nothing to update. 

After a week and a half, CAO's home office has not even responded.

Sad

To be continued...

wow...I own this ashtray and for some reason never came across this thread!Confusedhock:

Mine seems to be in excellent shape, but I must say that not one drop of ash has touched this ashtray yet. It's simply for looks right now on a book shelf in my office sitting next to the CAO Soprano's Humi....Tongue
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007