Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C-Bid Humi
Tfire136 Wrote:
PO Wrote:here's what I am saving for ARISTOCRAT Plus THC-48    Temp & RH     22" w x 48" h x 25" deep   

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-plusTHC.html
Thats the exact same one I want Paul lol

that's the same exact one I have!

It is a thing of beauty
Tfire136 Wrote:
PO Wrote:here's what I am saving for ARISTOCRAT Plus THC-48    Temp & RH     22" w x 48" h x 25" deep   

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-plusTHC.html
Thats the exact same one I want Paul lol
LOL, Yeah Tony I need the Temp due t the heat in the valley.  At 100-106 most of the summer I have a hard time keeping the sticks cool.  Can't wait.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
discdog Wrote:Well maybe it's all for the better. I have never seen one but if Skipper is correct - and he usually is- I would have had more time in modifying this one than I will with the walk in. By the way, my wife asked me last nite, why don't you just use the whole room? I got a tear in my eye.

I would have been down in the room prepping the sucker right then and there!Big Grin

-Ben
When we remodel the house (hopefully soon), the wife has agreed to let me take the room that is currently our bedroom and use it as a smoking room/humidor room.  It has some really fine solid wood panelling.  The small closet that is in there will be converted into a large humidor, and the AC guy has already said he could run a small vent into that closet.  I'm so happy...
My dream humidor is an Aristocrat cabinet with an Avallo humidification system.
discdog Wrote:By the way, my wife asked me last nite, why don't you just use the whole room? I got a tear in my eye.

Oh my... I hope you had celebratory sx! heck with her or alone!Confusedhock:

DJohnson Wrote:Just curious...what do you think is a good, solid humi not requiring a person to sell a body part to afford?

How big?

Some of these big cheap ones are ok, but it is hit or miss as to their ability to hold humidity. If you live in a dry area, it would be more miss than hit. For someone in the north-east, it is likely to matter less most of the year.

Consider this, we all buy box-humidors and get a decent size (300 ct) for around $150. Yet, you go to any high-end shop and they have 100-200 ct humidors for over $3,000. Are you happy with your $150 humidor? Yet, any problems you may have with it is exponentially worse or harder to deal with in a larger cabinet. Correcting something that is 1/30 the size of these larger cabinets may mean simply wetting the inside with a damp rag. And it may hold this added moisture for a month. The larger one may take days to correct and if the seal is poor it could dissipate in less than a week or overnight.

So what do I recommend? I love anything by Bob Staebell (of aristocrat fame).

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/cabinetindex.html

His cost is in quality, workmanship and materials. Nothing fancy here.

if you get one it will be "curb-side delivery"... that's when you know all about the quality... when you go to lift it and wonder why it's stuck to the ground... And wonder what's sticking it... only to find out it's simple gravity and the incredible weight!
dang... if I could sell my Plus to someone local.. I'd get the M-plus in a hot second. (& retire my 2 coolers and my 150 ct (cubans))

[Image: 35.jpg][Image: 35.jpg][Image: 35.jpg][Image: 35.jpg][Image: 35.jpg][Image: 35.jpg][Image: 35.jpg]
Rob, for the right price, I'd make the drive out there to become local!