Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butane Fuel
Just my 2 cents worth, but I have four different lighters and use nothing but Ronson fuel. No stoppages yet. When I bought my first Colibri I also picked up a can of their fuel - but I never experienced any differences between the two. I now use Ronson since I can buy it anywhere for half the price or less.
I don't have one of those fancy torches so many of you have. Just a Ronson Jetlite, but scored this in my local grocer today.  A small thing, but for a nub...scratching the itch.

I normally have the guys at my former B&M give me courtesy refills on butane, but will checking out of line in my local grocer and I noticed this little gem and priced just right ($2.25 tax included) .  Only bottle left (1.48 oz), but a good simple addition to my growing stockpile of cigar accessories. Will hold in reserve on those time I don't want to make the 17 minute drive.

Hey, I'm a newb. Small steps, small victories...also I'm cheap.
The secret word is cigars!
hahaha awesome
You're starting to get hooked..
One word of advice.

Buy butane that has been refined a minimum of three times (triple refined or above. You will usually see the number of refinings on the outside of the butane cannister. I can't see their small print on the can
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(03-07-2016, 10:20 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: You're starting to get hooked..
One word of advice.

Buy butane that has been refined a minimum of three times (triple refined or above. You will usually see the number of refinings on the outside of the butane cannister. I can't see their small print on the can

Thanks for the info. The bottle doesn't list anything like that, but it does says on the bottom "if you bought this cannister, you're a cheap SOB, unless you're using this for a Ronson Jetlite. If so, have at it sucker!" Odd, don't you think?
Lol
No Justice, No Peace!
While out trolling for cuvry redheads, but what did I spy with my little eye, but a cache of Zippo premium butane refill canisters selling for $1.39. Hotcha Mamma, it's true what that say "that you create your own luck!" These canisters were prices .80 less than the single can I bought a few days back ($2.19). I purchased one can and will be taking my previous purchase back. What can I say, I'm a value shopper. Hell, I remember returning a blonde for a brunette when she order a more expensive appetizer once, best decision I ever made.

P.S. The wording on the can read "Really? Your cheap SOB!" I paused and looked around for Alan Funt or Ashton Kutcher. Nothing. So, I threw it in the basket.

[attachment=9707]
Those Ronson lighters are great. I commented on this post years ago about the fuel I used, but at the advice of a possibly former, or still on a very long hiatus, member I use camping fuel with a brunton lighter adapter. I just use whatever iso butane mix I can find cheaply, although I didn't have good luck with the stuff in the white can. Snow peak I think. Better luck with brunton or jet boil. But I'm at a higher altitude than most.