Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brad Delp Found Dead
For anyone who remembers the seminal rock band Boston.

Lead singer of the band Boston dies

03/10/2007 2:10 AM, AP

Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55.
Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Lt. William Baldwin said in a news release that there was no indication of foul play.
"There was nothing disrupted in the house. He was a fairly healthy person from what we're able to ascertain," Police Chief Philip Consentino told WMUR-TV.
Delp apparently was alone at the time, Baldwin said.
The cause of death remained under investigation. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.
Delp sang on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.
He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the group's official Web site. The band enjoyed its greatest success and influence during its first decade.
The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.
On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."

wow... I know one of the drummers of the band. Actually I knew his mom. She passed about 4 months ago.
A very great loss to music.
One of, if not my favorite bands. One of my favorite lead singers. I never had a chance to meet him, but I've heard he was a great guy. Boston still put on a great show on their most recent of tours. Very sad.
i was waiting for you to chime in wes.  good to hear from you bro.