Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boveda Pack Advice?
Hello,

I will be using a Humidor that holds 25 to 50 cigars and will be using the Boveda pack of 72%. Do I need to use a separate humidifier with water or just throw the boveda pack and that's all?
Computer Problems? Have Cigars? We got you!

We will be offering our services for a box of cigars to all Stogiechat members!

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com
season the humidor first. They you can use the 72 if you want. I prefer a little less humidity. Your fine chucking it it the humidor, don't have to put it anything else if thats your question.
No Justice, No Peace!
(09-19-2011, 09:08 PM)nayslayer Wrote: season the humidor first. They you can use the 72 if you want. I prefer a little less humidity. Your fine chucking it it the humidor, don't have to put it anything else if thats your question.

Thank you! I will definitely season first. I don't like my cigars too dry so I believe the 72% should be fine, if not I will experiment with the 69% later on. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com
make sure you know what to do to season your humidor... there is tons of info on the site about that and different ways to do it.
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
That pack should season a 25 to 50 count. When it starts to dry out, you can rehydrate it. I was in the ozone one night and had the thought of reversing the process. It worked like a CHAMP. Put 12 ounces distilled water in a large bowl. Then place another bowl inside with the pack in it and seal it. Don't get the pack wet. I have used the same ones for 4 years. I bought a dozen from cbid but have only used 2. Good luck with the new hobby and keep asking questions.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Thank you guys! Wink

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com