Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bourbon P0RN
The only bourbon I've had in recent years is the Woodford Reserve.  However, all this talk of single-barrel is making me hungry.  I picked up a bottle of Maker's Mark this week, which I'll try this weekend.  I was also thinking of getting a bottle of Blanton's, since it's not really all that expensive.  Are there any others on the must-have list?  I'd rather collect Scotch than bourbon, but there are a few bourbons I'd like to have to round out my collection.

Also, does anyone drink rye?  I've never had it, but I'd like to pick up a bottle or two.  The color on the Sazerac 18 is just gorgeous.  Has anyone tried it?  Are there any other recommendations out there?

Go here and you'll see some of the Rye reviews I've done.  It's not on that list yet but if you can get some Rittenhouse 100 proof, that is pretty good for $15 or so.
The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
Looks good, AVB.  Thanks.  The Sazerac 18 sounds as appealing as I had thought.  I'll have to see what my local gov't-owned liquor stores have in stock.  They're not real long on selection.
Classic Cask 22 yo Rye, surprisingly good price at about $70 when I got it.  The 21 yo version is well over $100  for some reason

[Image: Classic%20Cask%2022%20Rye.JPG]
[Image: Classic%20Cask%2022%20Rye.JPG]
The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
Bela,

You definitely need to add Booker's to your collection.
My absolute favorite. Knob Creek is pretty good, too.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
If you read my reviews on CP you'll see I have both, I just haven't posted the pics yet.
The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
I finally got the other Distiller's Masterpiece.  20 yo Port finish.  Has to be the fanciest presntation I've ever seen for bourbon.

[Image: Distllers%20Masterpiece-Port.jpg][Image: Distllers%20Masterpiece-Port.jpg]

[Image: Distllers%20Masterpiece-Port-open2.jpg]
The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
Very nice AVB.
indeed!!!!
Ive never had bourbon before and decided to buy a bottle when I went beer shopping the other day. Not knowing anything about it, I decided on Knob Creek.  Anyone familiar with the brand, if so what do you think of it?

[Image: knobcreek-1.jpg]