Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boo-Yeah
macallan2 Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:suffice it to say that mr. brady may give travis henry a run for his money with illegitimate children. 
And your point would be?Tongue  He's a freaking football player, nuthin more.  I ain't looking to him to show me, or any youth, how to be anything other than the best football player he can be.  Compared to the off the field antics of many others I'll take his being a freaking rabbit anyday.  Can anyone blame him for bedding the hottest women he can?  I do wish he'd learn to wrap it up though.  Of course, he can afford the child support.  i just hope he at least attempts to be a good father...:?

just that before we deify the man we should evaluate him thoroughly.  As for good father perhaps we should research that too as he's been asked to stay away from the child.  And yes compared to many other athletes I would take his antics however are we not lowering the bar here each successive time with this well at least he's not as bad as this one or that one?  Should we not hold people to the same standards we hold ourselves?

and as for peyton discounting practice and the team to do commercials what proof is there of this?  like wingo said he practically is the offensive coordinator calling his own game.  Brady gets plays in from the sideline.  It's like all those people who tell you there's anyone better than Unitas.  Same gig.  Doesn't matter how many bowls Montana won. 

As for the big numbers Brady's putting up this year - it's because he has to throw all day with the lack of a running game.  Manning is quite content to grind it out with Addai all day long. 

Bottom line is both are great qb's there's no arguing that.  Just a matter of who you prefer.  The Patriots have very quickly become the Yankees.   Nothing wrong with that but not something I'll ever root for.  The good stories are all gone with that team now all that's left is sex, lies, and videotape. Wink
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:just that before we deify the man we should evaluate him thoroughly. 
Nobody in this thread has deified Brady, I think.

So long as his indescretions remain at the "Broadway Joe" level, he'll be just fine.

Half a dozen bastard rugrats aside, I will go so far as to say that Tom Brady is one of the top QBs in the history of the game. His numbers and accomplishments bear that point out, I think.

I would already put him above Marino in the "Top All-Time QB List" simply because of the rings. Even numbers as good as Dan's need at least one Superbowl win to back them up.
I've always thought of Brady as a good quarterback on a great team.  He reminds me of Aikman and Bradshaw.  Both are in the Hall of Fame.

It's a team sport. (If Marino was drafted by say the Steelers Big Grin He'd have a few rings... for sure)

As for raw talent at the QB position, I couldn't ever rank him with the likes of Elway, and Marino, or Manning.
wingo Wrote:I've always thought of Brady as a good quarterback on a great team.  He reminds me of Aikman and Bradshaw.  Both are in the Hall of Fame.

It's a team sport. (If Marino was drafted by say the Steelers Big Grin He'd have a few rings... for sure)

As for raw talent at the QB position, I couldn't ever rank him with the likes of Elway, and Marino, or Manning.

We can debate what might have happened had Superbowl XIX contained a Marino who was several years older.

But after a phenominal season, Dan, Don and the Dolphins had their asses handed to them. (So you can't blame coaching, either).

I guess my point is that the truly great players -- ESPECIALLY AT QB -- rise to the challenge of the truly big game. Many Quarterbacks have squandered a good offensive line at the big game. Others could not rise to their own hype.

Brady has been Mr. Reliable in championship play... he's earned the right to be compared to the best-ever in the game -- his peers.
ScoopLV Wrote:
wingo Wrote:I've always thought of Brady as a good quarterback on a great team.  He reminds me of Aikman and Bradshaw.  Both are in the Hall of Fame.

We can debate what might have happened had Superbowl XIX contained a Marino who was several years older.

But after a phenominal season, Dan, Don and the Dolphins had their asses handed to them. (So you can't blame coaching, either).

I guess my point is that the truly great players -- ESPECIALLY AT QB -- rise to the challenge of the truly big game. Many Quarterbacks have squandered a good offensive line at the big game. Others could not rise to their own hype.

Brady has been Mr. Reliable in championship play... he's earned the right to be compared to the best-ever in the game -- his peers.
Well, I did mention he belongs in the Hall of Fame!  I'm just not drinking the best ever kool-aid crap.  lol
still to early for either manning or brady to be put in the best ever debate.  get back to me in a few seasons. . .
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:still to early for either manning or brady to be put in the best ever debate.  get back to me in a few seasons. . .

excellent point tomzie!  and with marino while i agree you have to weigh rings heavily in the discussion he never had anyone to throw to.  clayton?  super duper?  nobody.  rings while important do not make or break a career.  i'll take jim kelly or warren moon on my team any day.

you have to be careful weighing rings before you start giving any creedence to the career of trent dilfer.  jeff hostetler anyone?  mark rypien?  

also excellent point  wingey.  it is a team sport.  john elway as great as he was was unable to get over that hill without terrell davis.

if anything at this point we can consider brady the modern equivalent of joe montana.  a winner.  not the most talented but a fellow who just wins. a lot.  there is something to be said for this. 

all time there's still unitas and then a big drop off to everone else.  same thing with running back.  there's jim brown.  five blank spaces.  and then the rest of the pack.