Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolivar Cofradia Suntuoso "Club 550"
Thumbs Up 
This was a cigar I just received from Ernie (DPGDude), so I'll try to keep this short, he obviously has smoked more of these than I have (a grand total of 1), but I wanted to say what a tasty cigar this is.

According to Ernie, this guy had a year of age on him, in addition to the factory aging. According to JR, these cigars utilize the last of the Oliva's 2002 crop. They are very beautifully presented with a cedar wrap, nice band, foot band, in corked glass tubos. The wrapper is toothy, almost vascular with a distinct peppery smell.

Though it is wrapped in Spanish cedar, throughout most of the cigar I taste a very solid oak core. There is also a lot of coffee bean. Although it isn't a very strong cigar it is FULL of flavor and a bit more powerful than the regular Cofradia. The construction is superb and it burns very slowly. Draw is excellent, I used my punch and got plenty of smoke. I only really detected the pepper on retrohaling.

The last third it got stronger and started taking on a rich taste of earth, with a nutmeg taste here and there. Ash is light gray, and held on about an inch but may have come off because I set it in the rest a bit hard.

All in all I really enjoyed this cigar and I consider it a superior blend to the regular Cofradia. I would recommend trying it to anyone that enjoys a full flavored cigar.

Origin: Honduras
Length: 5.00
Ring: 50
Strength: Full
Wrapper Color: Medium Brown
Wrapper Type: Ecuador Sumatran
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras
Price: Currently about $33 for a box of 10
Random trivia: Only 100,000 of these sticks were made.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Thanks for the review, sounds like a decent smoke..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore