Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better than a good day at work for sure
I'll spend long enough on one of my trips to NY to actually get the chance to fish with Skip one of these days.

its on my bucket list.
Nice Rocks Skip!!!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Nice catch!
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
(07-06-2010, 02:45 PM)tafdom Wrote: OMG!! That is just Awesome John. I just can't imagine your life. You play hard all the time. Sucks about the tranny. What kind of drive does it have?
It's a full inboard. Volvo Penta. So far the estimate is running $9.600 but I'm hoping for a rebuild which could save some scratch and some time.

(07-06-2010, 04:34 PM)Parkster Wrote: I'll spend long enough on one of my trips to NY to actually get the chance to fish with Skip one of these days.

its on my bucket list.
Dave, it's on my list as well. (I can remember when Jimmie used to come out fishing with me)
As for that broken rod... The company that made it went out of business. I was heartbroken. I searched and searched and found a few of the rods on e-bay but not the one like I had (medium fast action, cork grips, 7 foot). Then through all my inwquiries a guy contacts me. He bought what was left of the old company and has agreed to build me a new one!!! (he claims to have all the old wrappers (people who buiold the rods) working for him now. $150. Not bad, I can't get the guides to build one myself for that kind of money. The blanks are real expensive too (real seat stinks tho).
9600!!!!!! O my.. I dont envy you at all good sir! Good luck with that !
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
You know how tough it is on weekends John but if you go during the week call the Mum...

Maybe, I'll bring you some luck like the craps table..Big Grin
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
heh...

well, got the prelim report. Just fine metal in the fluid. Not too alarming. Looks like a rebuild is in my future. Possibly 3 weeks.
That's pretty awesome looking and nothing like I've ever seen. I know you have done your homework. This guy looks like he is in the know for a 5 min search. LOL Good luck with it.

http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/vp_outdrives.htm

[Image: Volvo_Penta_IPS_cutaway-289x241.jpg]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I am glad Skipper said he blew a transmission. Not like blowing a tranny as Tafdom called it! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I digress. Sorry! Glad you can get a new rod. Sucks that the Megabyte is out for some of the summer now. Guess you will have to fish in a kayak now like Mumsy's nephew.
it's a full inboard Terry. Technically the transmission is called a "reverse gear" as it's only purpose is to provide neutral and reverse.

Thanks Tank, yeah, I'll be dusting off the MINIBYTE on Saturday.