Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best for ageing
I know this is personal preference, just looking for some advice here.

I am looking to age some box's.  I currently have 2 humidors(desk top and small cabinet).

Advice here, should I just use a coolerdor with some cedar in it or should I use a wine fridge so the temp/humidity does not change for long term storage? 

Best place to get cedar?

As always Thanks guys. 

ps. Mr. Mum if you read this thanks for telling me to make time, I wont regret it...You are correct on that!
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I have had some luck getting small pieces of cedar on ebay.  Just search for spanish cedar.

Rockler Woodworking also carries it.  rockler.com
I like smoking lightning
If your keeping the cigars in the box,just put them in the cooler,they will be fine,I have ceder sheets that come in cigar boxes in my rubberdor.

Here is some Spanish ceder veneer that would work...

http://www.oakwoodveneer.com/veneer/cedar-spanish.html
Thanks guys I actually did a internet search and have a rockler 20mins away.  [thumbsup]

Now just need to decide if I should save the money and just buy a coolerdor/rubberdor or if I should buy the wine fridge that regulates temp.  Much more storage in the coolerdor  and for cheap but wine fridge will beat the heat in the summer, sometimes my desktop and small cabinet gets in the upper 70's in the summer months.

By the way it sucks they didn't let you take pics at the rock n roll hall of fame Don. 
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
That is cool that you have a Rockler near by, its a great store.  If you are any kind of woodworker or even just a tool junkey like me, I suggest you leave your wallet at home the first few times you go there.Big Grin
I like smoking lightning
I would say storage would depend on two things, your budget and where you are keeping the cigars in your home. I don't have ac on all the time and the temps can get pretty high here in the summer. I had a beetle problem a few years back and I went with a wine cooler. Size depends on what you can afford and I would recommend going larger than you think you will need. They fill up pretty fast [cigar].
I have a vinotemp 12 and am using Heartfelt beads. It holds temp and humidity really well and I don't need to do much to it.