Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best deal on Nubs?
eric at the party source is always a good bet. rob, would you mind pm'ing me your source? i'm just curious. got my package from jj today. top notch. cigars all arrived in excellent condition, he threw in a couple nub hats which are SWEET.
Are these NUBs that good? Can they compare to Fuente or ISOM Partagas? Never heard of em aside from here.
Ruggy Wrote:Are these NUBs that good? Can they compare to Fuente or ISOM Partagas? Never heard of em aside from here.

i don't like to compare brands because everyone's tastes are different but imho i would consider them a high end oliva cigar, which is basically what they are. 

at $5 or so max for the larger rings they're great.  i've bought them at less than that and as such consider them a staple at the prices i paid.  i'm hearing $9 on the padilla nub.  seems like this one may miss the price point imho.  :?
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Ruggy Wrote:Are these NUBs that good? Can they compare to Fuente or ISOM Partagas? Never heard of em aside from here.

i don't like to compare brands because everyone's tastes are different but imho i would consider them a high end oliva cigar, which is basically what they are. 

at $5 or so max for the larger rings they're great.  i've bought them at less than that and as such consider them a staple at the prices i paid.  i'm hearing $9 on the padilla nub.  seems like this one may miss the price point imho.  :?
i would agree. i wouldn't call them the best cigar in my humidor, but they're damn good. pick one up, and you know it's going to be solid, perfect construction and enjoyable. i always try and keep a bunch on hand, as i find more and more they're my go to cigar.
Would like some Cameroons.
scott81425 Wrote:

i would agree. i wouldn't call them the best cigar in my humidor, but they're damn good. pick one up, and you know it's going to be solid, perfect construction and enjoyable. i always try and keep a bunch on hand, as i find more and more they're my go to cigar.
At that price point...I don't think you can beat it! I've even brought some in to work to keep in our humi there.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
scott81425 Wrote:

At that price point...I don't think you can beat it! I've even brought some in to work to keep in our humi there.
yeah about that.  uhm see we did have nubs at work.  you did bring them.  we did have them in our humi there.  but i well i smoked them.  all gone. :?
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
scott81425 Wrote:

yeah about that.  uhm see we did have nubs at work.  you did bring them.  we did have them in our humi there.  but i well i smoked them.  all gone. :?
So I'll bring more on Tues. Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...