Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer bread
Today when I was at the butcher I came across this bread kit. I am sure a lot of you have heard of these guys before. They make hot sauce and chilli seasoning kits and all kinds of other stuff. This was the first time I saw the bread. They also had a cornbread kit that I may try out.

[Image: 6f0daed6385a__1297909782000.jpeg]

All you do is add 12 oz of you favorite beer and cook for 50 minutes. I used a pretty good IPA but that might not have been the right choice. I think I should have used a cheap, lager style beer, but it was still ok. Seems like the cheap beer is better for cooking. I boil my brats in Miller High Life or Coors Original.

It comes with some habanero powder that I didnt put in. I wanted to get a taste of it before it was spicy as hell. I am going to revisit it for sure. It would be really good dipped in chilli I think.
I like smoking lightning
Here is a link to their site

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/asskicchilfi.html
I like smoking lightning
Thanks Carl..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
My wife has made the Pampered Chef beer bread a few times. I like it!
Mmmm...
--Mike
Yeah, an IPA might not have been the best choice, lol.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(02-17-2011, 07:43 PM)Mark Wrote: Yeah, an IPA might not have been the best choice, lol.

I figured it wasnt going to be great, but it was all I had. I just couldnt justify leaving the house to go buy some cheap beer.
I like smoking lightning
(02-17-2011, 10:54 PM)carl609 Wrote:
(02-17-2011, 07:43 PM)Mark Wrote: Yeah, an IPA might not have been the best choice, lol.

I figured it wasnt going to be great, but it was all I had. I just couldnt justify leaving the house to go buy some cheap beer.

nevermind....
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!