Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer Recipies

http://www.tastybrew.com

Po turned me onto this site a while back (not sure why I can't undo the bold type, so I guess go with it) and I will go in and mess around w/ different set ups.  It's really nice for seeing how little changes here and there affect the whole beer (potentially).

SO I am gearing up and this has been played with for a few minutes based on a clone recipe I found posted on the same site.  I changed the batch size w/ the thought I may do a 6.5 gal batch for my next one- since I have a 7.8 gal bucket and a 6.5 gal carboy, just kinda made sense, ya know. 

Recipe Calculation –Arrogant Bastard w/ changes

OG   1.074                          Batch size    6.5 gallons

FG    1.019                          Boil Volume   6.5 gallons

IBU     77

AVB   7.1%

SRM     14

15 lbs    American 2-row pale

2.5 lbs   Crystal 60L

1.25oz Chinook  90 minute

1oz      Chinook  60 minute  

.5oz     Chinook  30 minute

.25oz   Chinook    0 minute    
Cool!

77 IBU for the A/B, not bad.  The Ruination IPA has 100+ IBU!!! Confusedhock:Confusedhock:
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I had the IBU's up to 92 at one point while playing with the numbers, and I may try to go back to that, this is a pretty big beer and I think it could fit pretty well.
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:I had the IBU's up to 92 at one point while playing with the numbers, and I may try to go back to that, this is a pretty big beer and I think it could fit pretty well.
92, wow!  If it were a little lighter it would be an IPA instead of a Strong Ale.  Keep us posted on how it turns out.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
LC, I just bought a receipe book as well, I think it has over 250 receipes in it.  If there is something you are looking for or want just shoot me a PM and i can look it up and see if it's in there.  I am really trying to get my system up and running by this summer but we shall see.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Thanks PO, I will definitely be taking you up on that offer. 

Man am I glad I posted that in here; I lost my thumb drive w/ a lot of my beer stuff on it and this is one of those that were lost.  I need to redo the Maharaja IIPA, which I may do this morning if I have time.

Here's another, a clone of

Left Hand Twin Sisters Double IPA

15.5#   American 2 row

1.5#     Rye

.5#       Biscuit

.5#       American Crystal 40L

.92oz Tomohawk     60min

.63oz Glacier           45min

.75oz Cascade         30min

.94oz Liberty           15min

.75oz Liberty             5min

1.25oz Cristal            0min