Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer Can Chicken
Mark Wrote:Beer Can Chicken is great, it's even better on the smoker.  I usually throw a couple of these babies on while I'm doing a Pork Shoulder or a Brisket. 

Me too!  No good reason to use only half your smoker. 

I'll shread the chicken and put the meat into the freezer.  Real handy when you're trying to quickly throw something together for dinner.

P.S.  I usually call it San Franciscan Chicken Big Grin
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=200136174&R=200136174&cm_ven=TL&cm_cat=ERK&cm_pla=Google&cm_ite=Food%20Processing

Most supermarkets have this rack. Works in the oven or on the grill. I've been cooking chickens this way for years.  Never thought about a turkey though, Tongue
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
We have done just about anything on a grill that you can think of. Especially if it give us an excuse to practice with beer. Chidken, turkey,duck,pheasant, goose. We've tried it all.I like the turkey, but the chicken is great.

Have you ever tried to deepfry a chicken like you would a turkey. Best chicken I have ever had! And it only take about 15 minutes.
discdog Wrote:We have done just about anything on a grill that you can think of. Especially if it give us an excuse to practice with beer. Chidken, turkey,duck,pheasant, goose. We've tried it all.I like the turkey, but the chicken is great.

Have you ever tried to deepfry a chicken like you would a turkey. Best chicken I have ever had! And it only take about 15 minutes.

Yes. We typically fry some chickens at the same time we're frying turkeys (thanksgiving eve).   We often will have a big turkey fry party (what's the point of getting everything put together and only frying 1 turkey?).

Since we're planning on eating the turkeys on Thanksgiving, we don't want to mess them up.  Besides that, we want some chef samples and chickens cook so quickly.
Mark, how about making this at the herf? Smile

Just let me know what you need?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
This is huge here in Texas . . . everyone has a smoker in their backyard.

Brisket and a couple beer can chickens in the smoker; throw a few pounds of sausage in the firebox the last 30 minutes or so. Meatfest!

We use tallboys for the chickens.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:This is huge here in Texas . . . everyone has a smoker in their backyard.

Brisket and a couple beer can chickens in the smoker; throw a few pounds of sausage in the firebox the last 30 minutes or so. Meatfest!

We use tallboys for the chickens.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
Yeah but that's just because EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas! lol