Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beads
Why would you need them with an active system? Check the system.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:Why would you need them with an active system? Check the system.

Active systems will only add moisture to the air, not remove it. Sometimes in the summer we will experience 80% humidity for several days, during times like this nothing but beads will remove that excess humidity.
http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
fishhound Wrote:

Active systems will only add moisture to the air, not remove it. Sometimes in the summer we will experience 80% humidity for several days, during times like this nothing but beads will remove that excess humidity.

that is an excellent point but it doesn't take long at all for the humidity to drop, at least for me.  I have not seen over 68% - 72 degrees in the avallo.  I have it set at 65 and never see it at 66..  and talk about humidity....we have it here in the mississippi delta. 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"maybe its the difference in the cab or active systems we have but I have no use for my beads in this cab.  seems overkill.
madurodave Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:

that is an excellent point but it doesn't take long at all for the humidity to drop, at least for me.  I have not seen over 68% - 72 degrees in the avallo.  I have it set at 65 and never see it at 66..  and talk about humidity....we have it here in the mississippi delta. 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"maybe its the difference in the cab or active systems we have but I have no use for my beads in this cab.  seems overkill.
I live out on Long Island....and when that humidity hits.....I'm glad I have the beads too.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14
Thanks. *favorited* gonna start buildin my humi and stash up soon.