Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beads
I was just thinking about using beads...I use a Xikar 250 humidifier for my large humi, a 250 count humidiier and a humipack for my cooler and boveda packs for my desktop...they work well but figured everyone else talks about beads all the time so they just work well....I am good with what I have.

I am turning a cabinet into a humidor and for that I will use a large electronic humidifier for it to not have any issues and have it just be automatic...so passive means just put them in there to keep it at 70% steve?
There are a few options when it comes to beads, but none of them that cheap. I use Heartfelt beads in all of my tupperdors and they've worked splendidly. One product that I've come across is HCM, another is ConservaGel. Don't know anyone that uses either, but that doesn't mean they aren't effective humidification solutions
--Angelo
The HCM sounds and looks interesting.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I have the Conserva Gel beads in my wineador. They work ok. They are about half the price of the Heartfelt beads. I have had them in for about 2 years now. Some of them seem to have picked up a bit of an odor, and some have started turning brown. I have stopped using those ones of course. I am betting the Heartfelt ones last longer. You get what you pay for afterall.

I have been thinking of switching to an Oasis or something like it.
I like smoking lightning
I bought the beads from cigarmony...lets see how they work...I will let you guys know