Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bead Question
(01-24-2011, 11:44 PM)dukeofbluz Wrote: im using Exquisi Cat silica kitty litter, less then a lb in a 100 qt coolidor and holding steady at 67-68%

I did a quick search on that name Duke. One of the first reviews I read included this quote:
Quote:With Exquisi-Cat, and I am not kidding about this, it has a minty-fresh smell that lasts. When you clean the litter box, the minty-fresh smell gets re-freshened. The minty-fresh smell is a real help for the not-so-fun task of cleaning the litter box.
I'm pretty sure that I dont want a minty fresh scent in my humi....so....do they sell 'unscented' kinds?
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Sure they sell unscented silica litter. Try petsmart. I'm not sure of the brand name anymore, but when I used silica litter that's where I got mine. I remember twisting off the caps and checking the size of the silica pellets and chips (depending on the brand). I always assumed pellets were better, but I don't think it really matters. I tried both and never noticed a difference.
With regard to the smell. Sure some will come scented, but most won't. Some brands will even come with little blue chips mixed in with the opaque ones. These actually act as odor absorbers.
If they worked perfectly, why don't I use them anymore? Two reasons: I didn't like the look of having a huge porcelain tray of white beads in my humi. It took up more space than I was comfortable with. I also tried pouring them into a pair of pantyhose, cutting them to size, then tying them off (like fat sausages), but I wasn't impressed with that look either. I opted to just by a couple of humi-care silica gel tubes. They don't take up space, and I can always tell when they're low on water. A simple top-off is all I need to do. I now use my silica bead pantyhose contraption for my sweaty gym shoes after a workout. Works perfectly to dry them out immediately.
(01-25-2011, 09:05 AM)Domniomaestro Wrote:
(01-24-2011, 11:44 PM)dukeofbluz Wrote: im using Exquisi Cat silica kitty litter, less then a lb in a 100 qt coolidor and holding steady at 67-68%

I did a quick search on that name Duke. One of the first reviews I read included this quote:
Quote:With Exquisi-Cat, and I am not kidding about this, it has a minty-fresh smell that lasts. When you clean the litter box, the minty-fresh smell gets re-freshened. The minty-fresh smell is a real help for the not-so-fun task of cleaning the litter box.
I'm pretty sure that I dont want a minty fresh scent in my humi....so....do they sell 'unscented' kinds?

Yes they have unscented, best storage is mesh bags for holding charcoal also from pet smart. 2 sizes 4"x12" and 3"x8"

Duke
I will go out there and check it out. Thank you.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.