Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath Salts BANNED in NY!?
Everything is Illegal in New York ................
(04-04-2012, 05:17 AM)jam Wrote: Everything is Illegal in New York ................

Except paying your taxes.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
(04-03-2012, 04:13 PM)Admin Wrote: CALGON is safe!

Just like cigars and other tobacco is targeted in the cigarette laws because they use the word "tobacco" loosely, I was curious if they banned 'BATH SALTS' as a whole, or just certain ingredients. Calgon was very prompt in replying:

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding our product(s).

Calgon bath salts are made with sodium chloride, corn starch, menthol and vitamin E - all natural and safe ingredients. They do not contain any harmful ingredients such as mephedrone and methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), which are the substances in question. We are deeply concerned about the increasing use of common chemicals for drug use and want to reassure our customers that they can continue to feel confident in Calgon, a trusted and iconic American brand for over 60 years

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. ILEX Consumer Products strives to provide quality products and service that give you, the consumer, the greatest satisfaction possible. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. Join us on Facebook for Calgon information and promotions.
Great news... your bubble baths are safe

No Justice, No Peace!
This stuff is scary!!! the "bath salts" in question are not..and never were intended for baths. They were manufactured as an alternative to illegal stimulants. the bath salt label was chosen due to its looking similar to legitimate bath salts. Then the "Not for human consumption" warning to cover their a$$es. There have been increasing number of hospitalizations and deaths resulting from its use. I have seen devastating consequences. More and more young bath salt users are being admitted to the rehab i work at. All describe similar effects and state that the high is much more intense than meth and much more intrusive in terms of hallucinations and violent behavior. A young local man recently flipped out while on this $hit and stabbed himself repeatedly in front of his mother (he died). Another guy was found wandering the streets with knives in his fists describing his desire to stab the first person he came across......my bro-in-law is a NYS trooper and said that what he has seen goinng on calls involving meth or bath salts have left him with the opinion that the bath salts are much worse. Like I said...Scary. I for one, as a NYS resident, as an addiction counselor and most importantly as a dad, am VERY pleased with the ban.
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
It was banned in Florida about a year ago. Several people died from it. But they are still catching people selling it just busted a shop the other day. Also some kinda fake Marajuana is pretty popular and there busting them for that too...SAM
(04-07-2012, 07:27 AM)G8KEYPR Wrote: It was banned in Florida about a year ago. Several people died from it. But they are still catching people selling it just busted a shop the other day. Also some kinda fake Marajuana is pretty popular and there busting them for that too...SAM
yeah..."spice" "K2" "funk"......Most often marketed as herbal incense...again "not for human consumption" - it's a substance sprayed with a synthetic version of THC....also very nasty stuff....inducing psychosis (often for extended periods)
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
Pretty crazy what they will do to get high now. What happened to good old wild mushrooms I dont know anything first hand just heard of it back in the 70's you know...SAM
(04-02-2012, 07:33 PM)Admin Wrote: http://www.wktv.com/news/crime-reports/G...&smobile=y

I never knew bath salts were a problem!

Banned in Florida too!
Good ban

Its similar to designer drugs in sports where changing the formula just a bit can make it a legal substance before the feds find out

Attached Files Image(s)

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Lets just say it was probably a good call on banning bath salts.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_po...ngton.html