Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLIND CIGAR TASTING EXPERIMENT
Great idea....something I have been wanting to put together here for sometime now.I was thinking,2 cigars and doing full comparison,but your idea is fun too.
On another site,someone asks,who wants to review these? and whoever replys first gets the two unbanded cigars with a lable of 1 and 2 and he writes a review and compares each.When he is done,he asks,"who wants to review these?" and the first reply gets them,etc etc etc never ending and stickied.Its fun and the usual mode is one bad one premium in same vitola,I threw a curve once and sent the exact same cigars,one aged 2yrs and one fresh and new...what a difference in the review and comparison there was.

Can I ask a favor from the reviewers though?
Can you please mention at the end,how you were feeling when you smoked the cigars in question?
Was your pallette off,were you sick,depressed,happy,busy,sitting standing,etc etc.
I find sometimes the same cigar tastes shitty or overly outstanding depending on mood and actions.When I am lazy,doing nothing or depressed,the my pallatte can not taste sweet flavors and the cigars suck ass.When I am active busy and blood is flowing,cigars taste waaay sweeter and I can pick flavors better,its more enoyable,even dog rockets can taste good.

Thanks for this and thanks to the reviewers,I am looking foward to this.Big GrinSmile
Big thanks to you, Wookin Pa Nub for doing this!! Smile

I am greatly looking forward to the reviews!!  Big Grin

I would have signed up earlier, but I'm not good giving reviews! So I'm going to pay extra attention to these!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
This will be fun to watch!   Smile  Oh nice seeing you CP seems like you were MIA for a little while?......:?   anyhow heres to ya bro

[Image: cp.gif]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
[user=93]Cigar Penguin wrote[/user]
Quote:Can I ask a favor from the reviewers though?
Can you please mention at the end,how you were feeling when you smoked the cigars in question?
Was your pallette off,were you sick,depressed,happy,busy,sitting standing,etc etc.
I find sometimes the same cigar tastes shitty or overly outstanding depending on mood and actions.When I am lazy,doing nothing or depressed,the my pallatte can not taste sweet flavors and the cigars suck ass.When I am active busy and blood is flowing,cigars taste waaay sweeter and I can pick flavors better,its more enoyable,even dog rockets can taste good.

Thanks for this and thanks to the reviewers,I am looking foward to this.Big GrinSmile
Should we ask what they were wearing and if they got some the night B 4 as well??

Sorry...couldnt resist....

I totally agree, where you, who your with and what your state of mind is key to a great smoke...When I was in Hounduras at the Camacho trip,  Cigars never tasted so good. Now I wont smoke a Camacho Corojo with someone elses mouth!

Please add Penguin's sugestions into the general comments section of your review fellas.

Thanks!
Wookin Pa Nub Wrote:OK,

Got my 5 and actually I got 6, so we will go with 6.

Here is the review panel:

Joe Bob
Discdog
Sergione
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador
Headley
FishPoop

Cigars will be shipped out tomorrow....I would let them sit a day or 2 in your Humi Before tearing up these babies.

Oh, and Discdog....I'm not Bulz....Thank heavens for that...I'm a newbie..I work for Oliva, and I have known Bulz for about 6 years. (6 years that I can never get back)

Sam

Sam, no disrespect intended. Don't know what in the heck I was thinking. Sorry about that.

Wow, one week only to smoke and review four separate cigars on a fresh, clean palette. Would rather have two weeks to have a good chance to write up the review, and also to have a clean palette in order to have my best shot at identifying your extra review components. But it's your contest! Just something to consider...
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
discdog Wrote:
Wookin Pa Nub Wrote:OK,

Got my 5 and actually I got 6, so we will go with 6.

Here is the review panel:

Joe Bob
Discdog
Sergione
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador
Headley
FishPoop

Cigars will be shipped out tomorrow....I would let them sit a day or 2 in your Humi Before tearing up these babies.

Oh, and Discdog....I'm not Bulz....Thank heavens for that...I'm a newbie..I work for Oliva, and I have known Bulz for about 6 years. (6 years that I can never get back)

Sam

Sam, no disrespect intended. Don't know what in the heck I was thinking. Sorry about that.
DOG,

Dont even sweat it.....No big deal....thought it was funny!!!

Bulz and I are good buds. (did i say that out loud?)
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:Wow, one week only to smoke and review four separate cigars on a fresh, clean palette. Would rather have two weeks to have a good chance to write up the review, and also to have a clean palette in order to have my best shot at identifying your extra review components. But it's your contest! Just something to consider...
OKAY OKAY.

You got 2 weeks.

Geeze I thought u guys were cigar smokers.

I cleanse my pallete with turpintine and a wirebrush.

Nothin but love B-Dub!

2 weeks makes more sense, esecially since i threw in an extra one.
Uh oh!

I can guess the unbanded cigars already.  Can I win?

I am cheating because I know what's in your humi.

#1 = Grape White Owl

#2 = Watermellon Kingpin Blunt

#3 = Backwoods Wild Rum

#4 = Parodi Kings

Send me my prize!

Seriously...good form Sam.  That's a great idea and a very generous contribution from you buddy.

Bulz Wrote:Uh oh!

I can guess the unbanded cigars already.  Can I win?

I am cheating because I know what's in your humi.

#1 = Grape White Owl

#2 = Watermellon Kingpin Blunt

#3 = Backwoods Wild Rum

#4 = Parodi Kings

Send me my prize!

Seriously...good form Sam.  That's a great idea and a very generous contribution from you buddy.

Yeah, like I'd part with my owls and blunts on a tasting.....Dem's 4 me.

Don't be playa hatin Bulz....U know u be joanZin for my Parodis