Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantic Cigar Co....Data Breach
Exclamation 
Just got a letter in the mail....Atlantic Cigar Co had a data breach.

It was discovered in November 2016.  Don't know how far back it goes.

From the letter:

Quote:What Information Was Involved?
The intrusion resulted in access to online transaction data, including your first and last name, billing and shipping address(es), phone number, payment card information including account number and expiration date.

There is more in the letter.  I'll try to scan it in latter.

and No mention of this on their website or Facebook page.  WTF??     Confused   Angry1

Anyone who has used them better check your cards
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
I am like on card 8 since then...just found the last CC I lost in the couch...haha
Haven't used them in a while but didn't get a letter.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(03-20-2017, 05:02 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Haven't used them in a while but didn't get a letter.

I haven't used them in something like 4 or 5 years & got the letter this afternoon.

I'll try to scan it in & post the entire letter later tonight.
You mean one of these?
[Image: tempFileForShare_2017-03-20-19-46-02_zpsp0zh9hfh.jpg]
No Justice, No Peace!
(03-20-2017, 06:47 PM)nayslayer Wrote: You mean one of these?
[Image: tempFileForShare_2017-03-20-19-46-02_zpsp0zh9hfh.jpg]
I see you got one too.

Watch your credit cards.  Might be coincidence, but a few weeks ago, one of mine was hacked.
Actually I'm not as concerned a i would of been in the past. Credit card companies have been doing a great job in detecting credit card fraud. 

I think we all have been hacked at one time or another. Last time it happened to me, my card company called me within a few minutes of it happening.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
(03-20-2017, 09:45 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Actually I'm not as concerned a i would of been in the past. Credit card companies have been doing a great job in detecting credit card fraud. 

I think we all have been hacked at one time or another. Last time it happened to me, my card company called me within a few minutes of it happening.

Yeah, that's true and mine got shut down in minutes & called me.

I just don't like it that the info wasn't as secure as it should be.  Obviously, it's the bad guys fault...but how good was the security? I mean, they got almost everything...card names, addys, numbers & expiation dates.
Talk to Yahoo & all the other major sites that have been hacked.. It's a challenge and most of the hackers win.
Honorary Shield Brother
Most businesses don't say anything if they can help it. They don't want customers feeling the way you do about Atlantic
No Justice, No Peace!