Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask fishhound
We went fishing yesterday, did a number on small bass, then played with my newest toy. My 45,000 BTU heater that works off of my BBQ tank.

This thing produces tons of incredible heat. Only drawback is it's constant roar, but you get used to it after a while and it really wasn't that loud.

So, how hot was it? Well, I put a cigar about 6" away and it lit in about 15 seconds (& I burned my hands a bit... still red today).

Oh, and that cigar, there goes another story... LOL... Fill them in fishie.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:We went fishing yesterday, did a number on small bass, then played with my newest toy. My 45,000 BTU heater that works off of my BBQ tank.

This thing produces tons of incredible heat. Only drawback is it's constant roar, but you get used to it after a while and it really wasn't that loud.

So, how hot was it? Well, I put a cigar about 6" away and it lit in about 15 seconds (& I burned my hands a bit... still red today).

Oh, and that cigar, there goes another story... LOL... Fill them in fishie.
Well?   Tongue
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
ya Fish

????????????
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
A God awful dried out Lars Teetan dog rocket. Out of curiosity I had to try it. It smelled like an air freshener, and had some kind of funky taste that I still can't figure out what it was, almost musky and chemical with floral notes.
fishhound Wrote:A God awful dried out Lars Teetan dog rocket. Out of curiosity I had to try it. It smelled like an air freshener, and had some kind of funky taste that I still can't figure out what it was, almost musky and chemical with floral notes.
Patchouli????
BUT... that's not the story... I used it to see how long the heater would take to light a cigar. It lit, we both tasted it. My friend Dom, with a pretty descerning taste, awoke and we gave it to him. He took it and commented that it was not bad and finished it. I'm pretty sure the looks on Fish & my face was priceless.

By the way, this cigar was given to me by Lars himself. I left it in my living room where it scented the air for a few weeks then over the next 4 months was simply forgotten about. Maybe with the oils completely dried out the cigar was OK.

About 2 hours after Dom left I called to see that he got home OK. My concern was that the dried out cigar may have fallen apart and set him on fire as he drive down the parkway to his home...
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:BUT... that's not the story... I used it to see how long the heater would take to light a cigar. It lit, we both tasted it. My friend Dom, with a pretty descerning taste, awoke and we gave it to him. He took it and commented that it was not bad and finished it. I'm pretty sure the looks on Fish & my face was priceless.

By the way, this cigar was given to me by Lars himself. I left it in my living room where it scented the air for a few weeks then over the next 4 months was simply forgotten about. Maybe with the oils completely dried out the cigar was OK.

About 2 hours after Dom left I called to see that he got home OK. My concern was that the dried out cigar may have fallen apart and set him on fire as he drive down the parkway to his home...
I left out that part, as I like Dom and didn't want to out his taste in cigars. Big Grin

I ended up bumping into Dom at the 7-11 and I think we talked for another 45 min. till I finally went home. He is a real nice guy.
What heater did you end up with Skip?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:What heater did you end up with Skip?
Ebay - COLEMAN POWERMATE 45,000 BTU PROPANE RADIANT HEATER