Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashton ESG at Serious Cigars
    You can buy two sticks at $24.95 each, WHEN you make a purchase of $100 dollars or more.  Just thought some of you might jump on that.  I'm staying as far away as possible to ESG's for now, and probably forever at that price.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/showpromo.asp
sounds a bit harsh to me, 

I will let you buy these cigars for a lot of money each, only two mind, and only if you already spend a hundred bucks............cake and eat it anybody?
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Parkster Wrote:sounds a bit harsh to me, 

I will let you buy these cigars for a lot of money each, only two mind, and only if you already spend a hundred bucks............cake and eat it anybody?
They have been doing this for awhile with mostly rare Fuentes.  I've never purchased anything from them though. If the cigars were at MSRP it would be an ok deal.
Pass, but thanks Wingo
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
supprised to see that price...the opus if i'm not mistaken is usually a reg. retail price
i've had good experiences with serious. check out their price on boxes of hemi best sellers (free shipping, too). i agree, though, that 25 bones for an esg is a bit much.
I think they are out of them anyways. The MSRP is 18$ and given their current rarity I could see why people are willing to pay a premium.
This shop is up the road from me. You should see the orders they pack up every day.

They usually charge a fair price for the bonus sticks so Ron probably paid a bit more himself for these, probably MSRP. I think he tends to keep the really good stuff for himself...Opus, Anejo, etc. He has every other Funete stick and sells at least three times as much Fuentes as other shops but never seems to get Opus or Anejo. Who can blame him though, that's how I would be if I owned a cigar shop.
lumbergh Wrote:This shop is up the road from me. You should see the orders they pack up every day.

They usually charge a fair price for the bonus sticks so Ron probably paid a bit more himself for these, probably MSRP. I think he tends to keep the really good stuff for himself...Opus, Anejo, etc. He has every other Funete stick and sells at least three times as much Fuentes as other shops but never seems to get Opus or Anejo. Who can blame him though, that's how I would be if I owned a cigar shop.
Thats a very interesting perspective....I was thinking about this the other day. If I were to open up a cigar shop I would take all of my rare stuff and actually sell it for MSRP despite if I paid more. I think that by offereing that kind of stuff to your customers it is going to draw them in and keep them coming back.I would just write the overage off as a bussiness expense In the end it will be a bigger payoff than hoarding all the good dtuff for yourself. Personnally I am going to go back and support the guy that went out of his way to offer me an Anejo versus the the guy that can get them but refuses to offer them.
There is nothing wrong with hoarding all of the good stuff!

TongueCool
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"