Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ash won't hold on
Ever have one of those cigars where the ash absolutely refuses to hang on?  I'm smoking one of my current faves right now, a Pepin Blue toro, and I have yet to put any ash in the tray.  It has all landed on my lap, on my shirt and on my feet. 

I'm not even pushing my luck with it.  I figure when it gets to about 1/2 or 3/4", I better ash it.  Problem is, it won't even hang on that long! 

:?

P.S.  None has made its way into my keyboard, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining, right?
rare is the day that ends with my clothing unblemished by the sacred ash.

pepins are long filler premium sticks for sure, so that's a little odd that it should flake off too much. oh, well, as long as it tastes as good as i know those beauties should. Smile
My thoughts exactly.  Surprising that it flaked off so easily and frequently for a Pepin, but that was the ONLY disappointment.  Burn, taste, etc: all perfect as always.
Try sticking a paper clip into the end of the cigar and then try again. Big Grin

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:Try sticking a paper clip into the end of the cigar and then try again. Big Grin

Doc

telephone wire (with the insulation removed)...

This is an old trick of cheaters in long-ash contests.
Excellent ideas.

Like my high school coach used to say; "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

Or like L.T. said about the Patriots; "[They] live by the saying, 'If you're not cheating, you're not trying.' "

Big Grin
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:Try sticking a paper clip into the end of the cigar and then try again. Big Grin

Doc
yup.  the old winston churchill trick.