Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrrrrgh! Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Just stopping in to remind the crew that Sept 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day!  Does that mean there's a herf at SenorSmoke's?
bartok Wrote:Just stopping in to remind the crew that Sept 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day!  Does that mean there's a herf at SenorSmoke's?
well, heck!  That's good to know, stranger!  arrrrrrrr
[Image: gasparilla2006012.jpg]

AARRGGGGGGGGGGG! Tampa's the place for pirates! Tampa is well know for it's celebration of pirates.

Here's the fetching Mrs. Crowb8 and yours truly at the Gasparilla parade a couple of years ago.

Each year in late January Tampa holds its Gasparilla pirate invasion and parade celebration to commemorate pirate Jose Gaspar's take over of the city years ago. Many pirate "krews" sail into Tampa Bay, guns and cannons blazing, on a special ship and "take over" the city. The mayor reluctantly hands over the key to the city and a huge celebration and parade ensues. There is drinking and partying in the streets all day.

It would make a great weekend vacation for anyone who wants to experience Tampa, aka Cigar City and historic Ybor City, birthplace of the American cigar industry. Check it out at http://gasparillapiratefest.com/, tickets go on sale Oct. 1.

Also check out http://www.cigarheritagefestival.com/, this is worth the trip for cigar smokers too. But tame compared to Gasparilla. [pirate2]

Sounds fun!   I see the two events...one is "dry" (the tame one)  LOL!

Arrgh!  Might have to beckon me maiden to find my hook.
admin Wrote:Sounds fun!   I see the two events...one is "dry" (the tame one)  LOL!

Arrgh!  Might have to beckon me maiden to find my hook.

Good noon to ya, Cap'n. Actually, the cigar heritage festival has a charity beer tent!  AARRRRRRRGH.  Yohoho and a bottle O' RRRUM.

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

And that was said without a single drop of rum. [pirate2]