Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Army Chest Humidor
(07-07-2011, 10:24 AM)Tonto Wrote:
(07-07-2011, 10:13 AM)wtfdic Wrote: If you are looking for a show piece I would go the chest route. Coolers work good and take very little prep work but they are generally not something you would want as a show piece.

Why not get a cooler that fits inside the chest?

I like the way you think...
--Mike
Ben, like Skipper said, I use an unmodified cooler (not lined in cedar, no shelves) just to store my boxes. I use the 65% heartfelt beads, and I then literally leave it alone. It keeps my cigars in better condition than my actual humidor. I used distilled water to clean out the cooler and then moved the cigars in. No muss, no fuss.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
(07-07-2011, 10:24 AM)Tonto Wrote:
(07-07-2011, 10:13 AM)wtfdic Wrote: If you are looking for a show piece I would go the chest route. Coolers work good and take very little prep work but they are generally not something you would want as a show piece.

Why not get a cooler that fits inside the chest?

hmmmm... chest......
Cooler with beads works just fine. No cedar needed.
I have to agree with the other gentlemen. Heirloom, non replaceable. Go cooler sir.
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
I can't thank everyone enough for all the insight. The army chest is too important to risk. I will be going with the coolidor. Now the search is on the perfect cooler!
Thanks again
Ben
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
the perfect cooler is one that is filled with cigars!
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(07-08-2011, 06:28 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: the perfect cooler is one that is filled with cigars!

Words of wisdom!
[Image: image.php?u=229&type=sigpic&dateline=1261594202]
(07-07-2011, 07:14 PM)Benfishin1 Wrote: I can't thank everyone enough for all the insight. The army chest is too important to risk. I will be going with the coolidor. Now the search is on the perfect cooler!
Thanks again
Ben

Find the size you think you need and double it. Then buy a second of the doubled size as a backup. Trust me.

(07-08-2011, 06:28 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: the perfect cooler is one that is filled with cigars!

And the cigars are all favorite premium cigars! Smile
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"