Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are these good recommendations?
Hi.

I really enjoy flavored cigars. I love the Acid Atom Maduro, and the Acid Kuba Kuba, along with the Acid Blonde...I am looking to get into the more "traditional", non-flavored cigars, so I asked my local shop what they would reccommend.

The said I should try the Padron Maduro, and the Cusano 18 years...

How did they do? What are your thoughts on these two?

Thanks!

Tim

~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Just about any Padron is a good choice...
Oliva G or V series...
Sancho Panza Dbl Maduro...
La Aurora and Don Lino 1989...
The new Rocky Summer line is nice to boot...

Just a couple...
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
LFD
what strength are you looking for? For my self, i started out on the casa blanca longsdale maduro ( mild with a sweet hint to the leaves). also there is the baccarot luchadores which is another mild/med smoke that has a sweet tip and has a sweet smell from the nutrisweet that is in it.

If you would like to go to a med/full-full you may want to go into what i have tried most recently. I got some of the Excaliber 1066 Dark knights not a bad smoke and smooth. there is the Oliva Series G maduro that i have tried and like. if you like a med-full smoke that is not going to break the bank then there is the JR Ultimate Double Maduro. They have the 5 packs for about $14. If you like a fuller flavored smoke then there is the Saint Luis Rey Series G which is a full and spicey smoke.

Hope that this helps!

AC
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks for the help fellas!

I picked up the Padron and the Cusano...I'm looking forward to trying them out this weekend.[rob]

As for strength, I guess it is fair to say that I prefer something sweet and creamy at this point, but I am looking forward to a nice medium bodied smoke, with some nice spicy tones.

You know, it's funny..I've been smoking the Acids for a while now, and can walk right into my local shop, and pick out EXACTLY what I want. But when it comes to the others, I just kind of walk around aimlessly. I was hoping to find a "newbie" 5-er or something, but no luck.

I guess the best thing to do is pick something new up everytime I pick up my favorite smoke.

Thanks again for all of the great suggestions!

Tim
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Hunlock Wrote:I guess the best thing to do is pick something new up everytime I pick up my favorite smoke.

Thats what I've been doing for a while...
Still have quite a few sticks to get to Wink
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"