Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use a home food delivery service?
Anyone use a home food delivery service, like PeaPod?

Wife is interested in trying it.  I know nothing about them.

Any input?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
We have used shoprite from home, and currently Walmart pickup. Stopped shoprite because meat and produce was sketchy sometimes. Really convenient and can save some cash. Wife does all dry goods and some fridge stuff from walmart.she does it on computer and has app on phone. They give her pickup time and app tells store that she is on her way. She pops the tailgate and the fill her up and she pulls out. There is a more of a gormet type grocery store where she get produce and meats.
No Justice, No Peace!
I use my wife.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(02-23-2020, 10:20 PM)nayslayer Wrote: We have used shoprite from home, and currently Walmart pickup. Stopped shoprite because meat and produce was sketchy sometimes. Really convenient and can save some cash. Wife does all dry goods and some fridge stuff from walmart.she does it on computer and has app on phone.  They give her pickup time and app tells store that she is on her way. She pops the tailgate and the fill her up and she pulls out. There is a more of a gormet type grocery store where she get produce and meats.

Just did a trial run of about 25 items from PeaPod.  Some prices looked good, some meh.  But got a $20 off coupon & free delivery for the next 60 days.

Most of our food shopping is either Target or Wal-Mart market.  We might try out the Wal-Mart pickup next week.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I use the Walmart pickup for everything but meat and some produce. Its the best thing ever. I hate grocery shopping.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Thanks Larry, Ben.   We'll try Walmart pickup & see how it is too.
PeaPod delivery was pretty good. Driver brought all the bags in & put them right on the kitchen table for me. We had a $20 off coupon & have free delivery from them for the next 60 days (online offer when we signed up).