Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know the name of the new Tatuaje Lonsdale
Pete posted this on another forum

[Image: icon1.gif] Clearing Up El Triunfador

Just to clear up a few things about El Triunfador.

When I talked to Dave about a week and a half ago, I mentioned we had about 300 boxes in stock which came in from the factory in Nica. Since then we have received another 250. This is a small run of cigars to protect the trademark. Each year we will make up to 25,000 sticks or 1000 boxes for sale to protect this mark and have enough to cover the demand.

There are no secrets about this cigar. This is a small run compared to others we make. I originally was only going to have them available to a small group of retailers until Cigar Aficionado wrote about it and blew my little secret. Truthfully, Dan from New Havana could have purchased all of this years production and sold it over the next 12 months without a problem.

I am making this size only until I figure out what I am doing with brand. When will I have a full line around the name? I do not know. Could be next year could be 2010 but I am not sure. I have no real grasp of what I want to do with the brand name yet other than protect it. The blend is very simply a Cabaiguan Maduro in a Lancero size. I have no plans to make a Cabaiguan Maduro Lancero ever and I thought this was a perfect cigar to use for El Triunfador. When and if I do come out with a full line of El Triunfador cigars, this cigar might go away and the blend and sizes will be different.

BTW, There are not that many boxes of Cabaiguan Maduros on the streets. We have made only 300 boxes of each of the two sizes. Not many at all. You will see more next year of Cabaiguan Maduro when I do the full release of that line to all Cabaiguan retailers. For now only the top 10 Cabaiguan retailers have them.

I could easily make more than 25,000 per year but it is much easier for me to do a specific amount and have one release per year until I decide to complete the El Triunfador concept.

I hope this clears things up.

Regards,
Pete

BTW, The Sugg.Retail for the El Triunfador is $9.00.