Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Here Play Paintball?
So I'm looking for something to do to help relieve stress other than mtn. biking (there's only so many miles I wanna do in a week) and someone suggested paintball.  I always thought paintball was a bit weird myself but I do like shooting stuff and the tactical stuff with a team sounds fun but isn't it expensive as far as equipment and upkeep of the gun and stuff?

Any help appreciated as always.Wink
Mac, it's pretty much like any other hobby, if you get into it and really like it, it can get expensive. But the initation can be pretty low end. I use to play every weekend, but either I got to old or the competion got younger, how ever you look at it, I got out of it. But it is a lot of fun if you get in with a good group.
discdog Wrote:Mac, it's pretty much like any other hobby, if you get into it and really like it, it can get expensive. But the initation can be pretty low end. I use to play every weekend, but either I got to old or the competion got younger, how ever you look at it, I got out of it. But it is a lot of fun if you get in with a good group.

That's how I feel on my bike right now!Tongue  Kinda what I figured.  The guys I'd play with would all be around my age so no worries there.

Oh I see how it is,  you got too old for your hobby so you took up one that requires the dog to do all the work!  Man, you're smarter than I am! LOL
Mark is our resident Paintball guru,he played in competition.I just bought a Tippmann 98 custom paint ball gun in anticipation of getting into it this summer.
macallan2 Wrote:
discdog Wrote:Mac, it's pretty much like any other hobby, if you get into it and really like it, it can get expensive. But the initation can be pretty low end. I use to play every weekend, but either I got to old or the competion got younger, how ever you look at it, I got out of it. But it is a lot of fun if you get in with a good group.

That's how I feel on my bike right now!Tongue  Kinda what I figured.  The guys I'd play with would all be around my age so no worries there.

Oh I see how it is,  you got too old for your hobby so you took up one that requires the dog to do all the work!  Man, you're smarter than I am! LOL
Exactly. I'll let the pup do all the running!
Mac, competition paintball is very expensive, entrance fees, massive amounts of paint, and of course the gear (my gun ran me $1600).  If you plan on playing woods ball the out of pocket expense isnt that bad.  Most fields will charge $15-$20 to play all day with free CO2 refills and paint usually costs around $75 for a case (2000 paintballs), so for $100 you could easily play all day.  I don't know if many people who go through a case playing in the woods, so you could probably get 2-3 days out of one case.  As for the equipment, a mask will run anywhere from $20 to $50 and you can easily get a good gun for under $200.  As for the upkeep of the equipment, there isnt much to it.  After you play, wipe down your gun and lube it up with some paintball oil as per the manufacturers specs.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Tommy2guns Wrote:Mark is our resident Paintball guru,he played in competition.I just bought a Tippmann 98 custom paint ball gun in anticipation of getting into it this summer.
Mark learned everything he knows from me.Wink
Mark Wrote:Mac, competition paintball is very expensive, entrance fees, massive amounts of paint, and of course the gear (my gun ran me $1600).  If you plan on playing woods ball the out of pocket expense isnt that bad.  Most fields will charge $15-$20 to play all day with free CO2 refills and paint usually costs around $75 for a case (2000 paintballs), so for $100 you could easily play all day.  I don't know if many people who go through a case playing in the woods, so you could probably get 2-3 days out of one case.  As for the equipment, a mask will run anywhere from $20 to $50 and you can easily get a good gun for under $200.  As for the upkeep of the equipment, there isnt much to it.  After you play, wipe down your gun and lube it up with some paintball oil as per the manufacturers specs.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.
$1600 bucks and the only thing you can do with it is paint your dinner as opposed to killing it!Confusedhock:  Holy Crap.  I'm just looking to do the weekend warrior thing occasionally.  We'd be playing capture the flag in the woods I guess.  None of that run as fast as you can and slide crap that I see on ESPN.  I ain't stupid enough to think there's any part of me that's agile or elusive enough to get from point A to point B on one of those style of courses.  I jokingly asked if I could be a sniper and they said yes but I'd have to start out like everyone else and hope to stay alive until I made it to a perch. 
Joe Wrote:
Tommy2guns Wrote:Mark is our resident Paintball guru,he played in competition.I just bought a Tippmann 98 custom paint ball gun in anticipation of getting into it this summer.
Mark learned everything he knows from me.Wink
you wish you could play like me. Tongue
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
[Image: 01-23-2005121622AM.jpg]

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2764476#147104381

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2764476#147112626

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2764476#147113484

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2764476#147114076

The photo is from 2 years ago, this pics in the links are from last weekend

Cool

Viva Lancero!