Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any safe brand?
Hi all, 
I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question. I have been using cigar for more than 6 years and I love it. It's a stress reliever for me. I can't even start my day without a coffee and a cigar. For some days, I'm experiencing a mild hearing problem, I cannot hear low frequency sounds properly so I'm planning to get an appointment with an audiologist. while browsing about the cause of hearing loss, I happened to read an article which says that smoking cigar can be a cause for hearing loss( https://www.hearingsolutions.ca/blog/can-cigarette-smoking-lead-hearing-loss ). Is it so? Does anyone here have a similar experience? I don't want to stop smoking. I wonder whether my doctor would ask me to stop smoking. Is there any alternative for the cigar? Or Is there any cigar brands available in the market which will not cause any damage to my hearing? I'm really confused and tensed. Any suggestions would be appreciable. Thank you in advance.
Are you sticking it in your ear?
No Justice, No Peace!
Cigarettes and cigars are totally different. Where in the article (if it's really true) does it link to cigars?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
OK, I read the article. Jimmie caught the first and important, that cigarettes and cigars are totally different. Also, the article doesn't mention cigars at all. But the reason I hit 'reply', is because of the sheer ridiculousness of the article to begin with.

I respect you for questioning your health, and searching for ways to improve it. And I am glad that your search led you here.

I'm not God. I'm not even a doctor. I'm just a guy with a boatload of common sense. And the article you linked, shows no common sense at all. The writer of the article is clearly riding the anti-smoking bandwagon. They offer no data to support their article. It's premise alone borders on asinine.

Unless you are lighting your cigarettes or cigars using a jet engine, and then standing next to said engine, while shooting your AK-47....all with no hearing protection.....don't worry about hearing loss because you smoke.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.