Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Mets Fans Here?
The Mets never played a game this year....it was the Dominican National team...TongueWink
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
KL15 Wrote:It could be worse.  Steinbrenner pays through the nose every year and gets nothing.  Anway, The Phillies are going nowhere.  They may get to the NLCS, but they'll get slapped by the D-Backs.   [color="red"]As for the ALCS, I think the Indians are the team to beat.  [/color]So once again, papa Geroge will have paid through the nose to get the worlds most talked about has been Roger Clemens and get no title.

I would love to agree, and I would love to see a sox, Tribe ALCS, but the tribe had to look the Evil Empire in the eye, after Going 0-6 in the regular season against them, and not blink.  It also doesnt help that sabathias career #'s against the Yanks are abysmal.

I hope they do it, but I am not holding my breath.

TomC

PS and as far as the mets:

D'oh!!!

(getting creamed on the last day of the season in a must win is not a good way to end the year.)
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:But it's funny how many anti-met fans there are. I have friends that are Yankee fans. They HATE the mets. Yet I know few if any Met fans that hate the Yankees. I am a NY fan, but lets be honest... they Yankees are top dog. NY is generally perceived as being one of the top states/cities. When the Yankees win so much it's bad for baseball.
I dont hate the Mets generally because they have very little influence on how the Yankees do each year.  There are way more anti-Yankee fans out there than Mets fans.

I would have liked to see the Mets in the playoffs this year, but their complete meltdown makes it hard not to say something negative about them.  This will be up there with the 64 Phillies and the 78 Red Sox.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
ColbyPants Wrote:I would love to agree, and I would love to see a sox, Tribe ALCS, but the tribe had to look the Evil Empire in the eye, after Going 0-6 in the regular season against them, and not blink.  It also doesnt help that sabathias career #'s against the Yanks are abysmal.

I hope they do it, but I am not holding my breath.

TomC

PS and as far as the mets:

D'oh!!!

(getting creamed on the last day of the season in a must win is not a good way to end the year.)
Quote:Yeah.  I am a Mets fan.  Have been since 1984.  Oh well.  Nothing can be done about it now.  Do you think the Yanks are going to pull it out this year?  I can't see any National Leauge team keeping up the the American Leauge.
MikeD Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:But it's funny how many anti-met fans there are. I have friends that are Yankee fans. They HATE the mets. Yet I know few if any Met fans that hate the Yankees. I am a NY fan, but lets be honest... they Yankees are top dog. NY is generally perceived as being one of the top states/cities. When the Yankees win so much it's bad for baseball.
I dont hate the Mets generally because they have very little influence on how the Yankees do each year.  There are way more anti-Yankee fans out there than Mets fans.

I would have liked to see the Mets in the playoffs this year, but their complete meltdown makes it hard not to say something negative about them.  This will be up there with the 64 Phillies and the 78 Red Sox.
I believe, historically speaking, it is worse.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool