Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another horse in the stable
So some of you may know and probably most may not know that I am into biking.  Thats the one with pedals, not the throttle.  Tongue
And some may know that I have also been working at a bicycle shop for the past 7-8 months or so.  Well it finally rubbed off on me.  I broke down and bought a fancy road bike.

[Image: 9086-26_l.jpg]

Or an actual pic.
[Image: newbike2.jpg]

It certainly has some go, but the engine could use a little fine tuning.  But my average is easily 2+mph faster then my old bike and this is only on the 4 ride or so of the season, so I'm sure I'll get even faster.  If only the weather would cooperate so I could actually ride.
Oh, those are the 'test ride' pedals.  I have some clipless pedals on there now. 

I'm not sure if there are any other bike nerds on the forum, but there you go.
Big Grin

Currently I'm in the process of cleaning up my old Specialized Stumpjumper, replacing parts and getting it fit to return to duty as an actual Mountain Bike instead of a MTB with road tires.  Have some wheels on order for it.  (Wife is going to hurt me!!!)

Sweet ride, and love the patriotic colors.
that thing looks like a praying mantis
Fellow "bike nerd" here!  I enjoy off road myself but have been flirting with getting a road bike again.  Nice ride and get that stump jumper up and running on the good stuff!Cool
Can she do 5 mph?   Tongue   Nice ride.
macallan2 Wrote:Fellow "bike nerd" here!  I enjoy off road myself but have been flirting with getting a road bike again.  Nice ride and get that stump jumper up and running on the good stuff!Cool

Yea my stumpjumper has been my 'roadbike' for the past.. oh longer then I'd like to admit.  :p
Problem is, for what I plan to spend on the MTB I could get a new bike that would have diskbrakes  and better frame clearance for big tires.  But my financial advisor, I mean wife had decreed that there be no new bikes for a while.
Planed upgrades are new stiffer wheels that dont flex in the corners and rub the brakes, headset, fork (none of that MCU/elastomer garbage anymore!), and brakes (non-disk, frame isn't compatable).

But with that, I'll be able to hit the trails again with confidence and improve in that area.  (Yes there are a few offroad trails In Iowa)
US_Tank Wrote:Can she do 5 mph?   Tongue   Nice ride.

Yes.  Briefly, but it starts to shake and I have to bring it back up to speed.
Tongue
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a big gap in the middle where the engine is supposed to be.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Parkster Wrote:DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a big gap in the middle where the engine is supposed to be.

I can't fit there!
Tongue
ANother bicycle dude!!!

I've converted my Mongoose MTB into a commuter. I'm about to go to a true slick in the front with a semi- on the rear and replacing the rear shock with a stainless bar to convert it into a hardtail.

I'll post pics this weekend maybe.

I love Specialized... they are just out of my budget range.
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!