Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Pepin house blend
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=508

The Cigar.com Corojo Label is a Nicaraguan full-bodied powerhouse made at the El Rey de Los Habanos factory under the direction of Pepin Garcia.  This factory is well known for producing such highly rated brands as Tatuaje and Padilla.

This cigar represents the efforts of three long years of careful blending.  Debuting in 2007, the Cigar.com Corojo Label signifies the first addition to the Cigar.com House Blends selection since 2004.  With all the excitement regarding premium Corojo tobacco, the experts at Cigar.com have been in search of the perfect wrapper to create the ultimate strong and flavorful blend that Corojo cigars are famous for.  Our search ended in Esteli, Nicaragua at the famous El Rey de Los Habanos factory where the Cigar.com Corojo Label is made today!

Like all Cigar.com House Blends, the Corojo Label is an extraordinary value, utilizing only the finest tobaccos to blend a cigar worthy of bearing the Cigar.com name.   Full-bodied with a long and pronounced finish, the Corojo Label is a bit dry on the palate and features a robust, spicy aroma that rounds out into a complex mix of wood and earth tones
nice find don. and a nice price too. i think i'll order me a box.
scott81425 Wrote:nice find don. and a nice price too. i think i'll order me a box.
Hold on, I just heard on another bb that these may be short filler,I just E-mailed them that question.If they are I wont bite,I got the short filler Fumadores from Holts and didn't care for them.:?
Just to quote my buddy John....

I've smoke em (OK) and they are a little better than the Legends, but not much. Mixed filler as well.

These are no where near full bodied either (medium at best).

You can get the 5 Vegas Miami's for close to the same price point which are way, way better!

I'll have to pass.
Bluesman455 Wrote:
scott81425 Wrote:nice find don. and a nice price too. i think i'll order me a box.
Hold on, I just heard on another bb that these may be short filler,I just E-mailed them that question.If they are I wont bite,I got the short filler Fumadores from Holts and didn't care for them.:?
hm. i wasn't too hot on the fumadores either. i couldn't get past the smell of them. although, they smoked and the flavor of the smoke was fine, i wasn't for the smell. but i do like the serie p, which are short filler. still might be worth it at that price.
This guy is really spreading himself a bit thin in my opinion and sooner or later, quality will be affected or his name will be since some of these sub-par brands are hurting his creditability.....and I am a huge Pepin fan. He just released yet another house brand for Holt's...."Casa Royale"?
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Thanks for the info.

Pepin is on fire right now. I think so far everything he has put his name on has been above average and some even great.

Right now the best bang for you buck in his line is the Black Robustos imho.
Maduro PiPs Wrote:This guy is really spreading himself a bit thin in my opinion and sooner or later, quality will be affected or his name will be since some of these sub-par brands are hurting his creditability.....and I am a huge Pepin fan. He just released yet another house brand for Holt's...."Casa Royale"?
I agree with you.  Reminds me of Rocky Patel in that regard.
Magnum PI Wrote:
Maduro PiPs Wrote:This guy is really spreading himself a bit thin in my opinion and sooner or later, quality will be affected or his name will be since some of these sub-par brands are hurting his creditability.....and I am a huge Pepin fan. He just released yet another house brand for Holt's...."Casa Royale"?
I agree with you.  Reminds me of Rocky Patel in that regard.
LOL!!! I was just going to say RP.Big Grin
well RP would be an insult to Pepin...but I know what you mean. But when the day comes when Pepin starts doing seconds and off-color bundles of the Blue Label or hook up with CI....then I will call him RP Jr...and become concerned! LOL
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007