Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Full Moon Herf in the books...
So the full moon herf is held every full moon that falls on a Sat. It's put together by the local Stinky rep. who does an amazing job with it... The good folk at Altidas are always on board and provide various goodies for the botls and for the raffle... This time Old Boars (the stinky reps) Wife added 10 loafs of home made cinnamon swirl bread and several loafs of banana nut bread (the baked good are fr*king awesome) for the raffle... Not to mention the host of other goodies donated to the raffle by various stores...

So the night starts out by some of the Ole Stogie crew meeting our own Matt for pizza before heading to the herf location... As we come out of dinner Matt takes the opportunity of hitting me with nice sticks... A Cubao, La Aurora 1495, NUB Habano, RP 92, and to top it off a Padon 80th... Awesome sticks, a few with some nice age on them... Thanks again Matt... Wink

After Matt beat me senseless we headed down the street to the herf location, 5 Seasons Brewery... Tongue

I won't go into all the details I'll just say we had 30+ folk present, saw a lot of good folk, some I hadn't seen in a while, some I see all the time... Had a blast...
Highlights, Matt winning the box of chocolates for his better half, our table winning a majority of the baked goods in the raffle, Ren the co-owner of Ole Stogie winning the box of V-Maddies and a Stinky stand, and me winning the Opus A... And of course Leo letting us go through his bag of goodies and pick something out (got a ISOM Cohiba Maddie #5)... Thats not even mentioning the other nice sticks I got from some of the botls and the give aways we got as well...

Another great night... It was amazing... You walk through the restaurant and as you walk out the door on the enclosed patio, the smell hits you and wow... I honestly do not think there was a single sub par stick smoked last night... Good Food, Good Beer, Good Company, & Good Sticks... What more can you ask for!!!

BTW, the next one is May 9th...
So if anyone will be in the area, it's well worth the time... [smokin4]
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
Wow, sounds like an awesome time! And a nice smackdown from Matt...
Matt hit you with a Padron 80th.....damng...very cool.

The concept of the herf is kick butt, every full moon....that way you know your going to have a very cool night cause every one goes nuts.

You guys need to take some pics next time, would love to see some of the sites in your area and the Brewery sounds cool.

Rock on!

[cigar]
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
The Full Moon Herf deserves a big HOWL [bravo2]!

This was my first herf in the area and it was a blast! The Old Boar truly knows how to host a herf and support Our Troops all at the same time!

It was a wonderful way to meet other BOTL and what a great group they are!

Count me in on the next Full Moon Herf in May [smokin2]!

--From Ren

Ole Stogie & Son Cigar Co.
WOW!!!  nice herf!
mmmmm...the next one is right during finals!

sounds like fun man!
Yeah, we had a great time.  Awesome smokes, and some of the best beer i've ever had.  i was very impressed with the brewery.  I do feel sorry for the lone waitress though.  She had to deal with 30 plus guys drinking, smoking, and hitting on her all night long.  She did a great job though.

Lonnie apparently has been noticing my desire to try a Camacho Liberty, so promptly upon arriving, he hits me with my first Liberty.  A 2008 edition.  I will be enjoying this as soon as it gets over it's short nap.

As for pictures, I must say that we are lacking in that department.  Most of the reason is for one, none of us have a great camera for night pictures, and most of our stuff seems to be outside, at night.  Plus, I just can't remember to bring my camera. 
I promise, I will remember it next time.

The very same Leo that Lonnie mentioned gave me the RYJ EL 2004 that I mentioned in another thread, it was awesome, a great smoke.  A little tight, but awesome smoke nonetheless.

I had the opportunity to meet several more BOTL's, and met AWsmith from here.   He hasn't been on much, and he did get an ear full from Lonnie and I , so hopefully he'll be on more.  He's a great guy that i will be herfing with much more often since I found out he lives like 10 minutes from me. 

Anyway, great herf, great smokes, great friends, and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you can make May 9th.[bravo]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Sounds awesome. I might have to look into that.

An 80th, lucky guy Lonnie.

Matt is earning his respect.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Thanks Jimmie, I appreciate your kind words, and Lonnie is a great BOTL.  The only reason I know of half the herfs around Georgia, and most of the BOTL's, is cause either Lonnie calls to tell me about them, tells me what's coming up while we are herfing, or someone he introduces me to tells me about them.  Most of the friends I've met that love stogies are friends of his, so, I have alot to thank him for.  Now, we have plotted together to either travel to an SC herf, or try to conivnce you guys to come to us. 
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Awesome theme to bring people together. Nice job.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.