Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Oliva event with Jose and Bulz
Took a ride to Montclair NJ on 7/12 and it was worth the trip.
Bulz (Dave) was there and he bought along Jose Oliva. What a great guy.
What a passion he has in his voice when speaking about his tobacco and cigars in general. It was great honor to meet him.
I purchased a bunch of Oliva Serie V cigars some of which were:

• Churchill Extra: 7 inches by 52 ring.

• Lancero: 7 inches by 38 ring.

• Torpedo: 6 inches by 52 ring.

• Double Toro: 6 inches by 60 ring.

• Special V Figurado: 6 inches by 60 ring.

• Double Robusto: 5 inches by 54 ring.

• Belicoso: 5 inches by 54 ring.
and a skinny Serie V 7 inches by a 26 ring or so.

Also, got a hat, shirt and a 4 pack  of Serie O Perfecto signed by Jose.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Nice!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
What an awesome time!!!

I arived around 5:30 with my buddy Dom and we said hello to Bulz & Jose. Shortly afterwards Brian Shapiro arived also from Oliva & son of the owner of CFO in CT (the guys who owns and sells the El Cobre cigars). Then Fishhound, then Maduro Pips and his friend Vinny GoomBatz... They served food, they have a bar we drank a few beers, port wine... smoked a ton of cigars, great conversation and then I got a deck of cards form the proprietor and Mario WOWed everyone with his tricks including almost getting about $500 of cigars from Jose for $5. Before everyones eyes Mario turned 5 singles into $5 hundreds... I saw him do it 3 times form all sorts of angles including form behind... yep, he wowed me. But perhaps the best was when he had Jose pick a card form a deck he was not holding then insert his card into the deck. Mario then burned a piece of paper and on his fingers was burned the card Jose picked!

OK, enough about Mario...

Mario, fishhound, myself and a frined of Fish who could not stay bought a box of the new V each (great cigar)... For every box purchase they raffled off a colebra from a box of 6. There were less than 50 of these made. I won the first! Maril in the middle, followed by fish and his friend! The store full of the other people shared the last 2 Tongue   it was a great time and go to the "nothing about cigars" to see what else came of it.

We also had food and beer in Montclair but NO Mario to entertain us.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Fume in Montclair is one of my all time favorite shops.  Another great event.

Jimmy - I was very glad you made the trip.  It was very nice seeing you again. 

That was an impressive box you made of V.  Do you have a favorite size yet? 
Bulz Wrote:Fume in Montclair is one of my all time favorite shops.  Another great event.

Jimmy - I was very glad you made the trip.  It was very nice seeing you again. 

That was an impressive box you made of V.  Do you have a favorite size yet? 

They are all good but lately I'm partial to the long one (7 inches) with the skinny ring.  What is that called? I get a lot looks and questions about it.

I also like the double toro.  I split them up between my beach house and my place up north so I always have a good supply on hand.

Hope to see nyou soon.

Honorary Shield Brother
That skinny one is the lancero.  It's 7x38.

There are only two stores in the country that already have lanceros and you guys hit them both.

Jose and I drove back to NJ Sat night from Albany and bought a few lanceros to smoke for ourselves out on their sidewalk tables.  They are really tasty!
Sweet score!  This cigar seems to be a huge hit.  Can't wait to try one.

So the website says there will be two in maduro??

Anyone seen those?