Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airline Regs.
Cigar cutters are supposed to be ok as a carry on according to TSA. That doesnt mean they wont take them anyway though. A bunch of low paid people on a power trip is all they are. I have had no problem with my Xikar in my carry on. Lighters are another story. I just buy a bic at the hotel gift shop when I get there.

Just dont bring a cutter so you have a legit reason to buy one at Casa Fuente. Then you can mail it home. Have a good trip.
I like smoking lightning
Pack your zippo in your carry on without the insert. Get a TSA/DOT approved container and put the insert in it and pack that in your checked luggage. Under no circumstances can your zippo exteriors without the inserts be confiscated. They are not lighters, just containers.
The inserts should not be an issue either.
1 word of advice, the containers are clearly marked they are TSA/DOT approved for packed luggage. Otterbox stamps it in the plastic on the bottom, Colibri adds paper tags. If you get the colibri do not remove the tags. I think it may help.

By the way, i have had my baggage checked numerous times and never had an issue with an empty zippo case or a z-plus packed as i described.
Any and all cutters are completely allowed in yoru checked baggage.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Thanks Skipper!
I found an approved container at a local smoke shop. I'm going to take your advice and use that!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.