Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accessories
Can anyone reccommend the best place to get accessories? I am gunna start on a coolerdor soon and need to get a hydrometer, some kind of humidifier (it sounds like beads are popular). I looked at some of the coolerdors on here and saw the ceader lining but I didn't know if that was a must or not.  I have been using a really sharp nice to cut my cigars but I am gunna get a cutter of some kind, just wanted to get some opinions before I take the leap.  Funds are kinda tight so if anyone knows of any good deals please let me know. Thanks
MK 199 Wrote:Can anyone reccommend the best place to get accessories? I am gunna start on a coolerdor soon and need to get a hydrometer, some kind of humidifier (it sounds like beads are popular). I looked at some of the coolerdors on here and saw the ceader lining but I didn't know if that was a must or not.  I have been using a really sharp nice to cut my cigars but I am gunna get a cutter of some kind, just wanted to get some opinions before I take the leap.  Funds are kinda tight so if anyone knows of any good deals please let me know. Thanks
Cutter is on its way.Wink
For a good vendor, try http://www.cigarmony.com/
He also runs sales in our retailer section from time to time as well.
Mark is top notch and has fast service as well
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Oh man, I need to start saving up now for some bombs to pay you guys back!
I think you're 100% right on in terms of your storage plans.
Too many times I've seen folks go out and spend a bunch of money on a 50 or 100-count desktop humidor, fill it up, buy another one, fill it up, and then buy another one before realizing that they've invested so much money in several small storage spaces that all need separate maintainance, when they could have gotten a good sized cooler for far less and used that cash to fill it with some primo stuff.

The reason people have done the cedar lining is to have a buffer of sorts, so that the wood can absorb and release some humidity, keeping things from wildly swinging up and down each time you peek inside.
Open air is your enemy in this regard.

Just starting out, my advice is to pack it full of empty cigar boxes from your local shop. Some places charge a buck or two, some just hand them out to anyone who asks nicely. either way it's cheaper than buying spanish cedar in sheets and trying to cut them down to fit your cooler. (The dust is toxic if inhaled, so if you do decide to go that route, be very careful and wear protective stuff).

As for me, I went to Sam's Club and bought the biggest cooler they sold. It had gooves built into the insides, so I stood it up on end and put those cheap white wire closet racks in the grooves to act as shelves. Since I had more empty boxes than cigars at the time, I enjoyed having the space to organize my singles in boxes by date, brand, or whatever. A luxury I miss, and I've had to give myself a "No OCD Rule" when it comes to organizing my humi.

So your cooler is "full", your beads will humidify without fail, and the cooler will offer you a fantastic seal and worry-free storage.

Big Grin
I think Mario had a good thread with pics on building a coolerdor...
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
[doh] Stickied right at the top of this section Tongue

or

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=5895&forum_id=6
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Where is the best place to get beads? There are a lot of different brands are any better or worse?
MK 199 Wrote:Where is the best place to get beads? There are a lot of different brands are any better or worse?

This is where I got mine.... http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/default.asp

Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
MK 199 Wrote:Where is the best place to get beads? There are a lot of different brands are any better or worse?

This is where I got mine.... http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/default.asp

Beads are cheaper there than cigarharmony, and the from the same stock.