Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF Anejo
I've notcied that a lot of you guys are big fans of these sticks. I think I read that they tend to come out around X mas and sometimes Father's Day.  Anyone know if they will be released soon?  I have never had an Anejo and would like to check them out.  Thanks.
they are generally not available in the north east (because Mark buys them all).

One year they came out around father's day. This hasn't happened since 2003 (I think). Some online retailers still have a few, but that's rare. In fact finding Anejo's online is rare.

Your best bet is to find a retailer that regularly carries Opus cigars. This is a clue they have a good relationship with Fuente. Patronize them enough so they know you. Then, starting early November, make weekly trips asking for the soon to be released Anejo's. Ask them if they normally get them... Most stores get 1 or 2 boxes and dole them out carefully in limited quantity and only to good customers.
You are Correct PI...ANEJOS are Top Notch.... this is what I managed to slip past Mark this season!!! Here is most of what I grabbed....

THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Thanks guys.  Guess I will have to wait a little while before I try one.  No problem, I have plenty to smoke until the winter.

Nice pic Maduro. Smile
Magnum, PI Wrote:Thanks guys.  Guess I will have to wait a little while before I try one.  No problem, I have plenty to smoke until the winter.

Nice pic Maduro. Smile
IMO they have been quite disappointing along with the maduro Hemingways.  But hey, maybe my tastes will change or they will get better with age.
Maduro PiPs Wrote:You are Correct PI...ANEJOS are Top Notch.... this is what I managed to slip past Mark this season!!! Here is most of what I grabbed....

Dam Pips, those look good, when is the last time you had one?
Wingo, I'll agree about the Hemingway..I love the regular line but never really liked the super-hyped maduro versions.

HOWEVER

The Anejo 55 is one of the best things I think I've ever tasted in my life.
Unbelieveably good.

I have a few of the 55's, I'll spark one up this weekend.  I have yet to try the Shark, but have two of them from a trade with Mark.  I'm not giving up on this cigar...yet.
Magnum, PI Wrote:I've notcied that a lot of you guys are big fans of these sticks. I think I read that they tend to come out around X mas and sometimes Father's Day.  Anyone know if they will be released soon?  I have never had an Anejo and would like to check them out.  Thanks.
I just looked up my old post and they came out the first week in December last year. I see them on Yahoo auctions, but there like $20+ stick in singles and $400-$600 a box with prices at there highest right after there released that causes a feeding frenzy for the sharks.
Keith Wrote:
Maduro PiPs Wrote:You are Correct PI...ANEJOS are Top Notch.... this is what I managed to slip past Mark this season!!! Here is most of what I grabbed....

Dam Pips, those look good, when is the last time you had one?

Yeah man...I went wild since I scored ZERO the previous year. I sparked one up not too long ago with at least 12 - 18 months age on it and it was GREAT. It was actually a Shark. But all are correct...they do need time! These boxes came in December 06 and will stay there for a while. Since I will rarely touch them, I can only guess that it may take almost 10 years to deplete those boxes. I also got a bunch of samplers as well....so I will most likely smoke those first!

Here's a tip...starting around November...contact Tampa Sweethearts. They are owned by the Fuente Family and have ALL of the Anejos and Hemingway Maddies at killer prices. I was sorry I found out about them late since I was paying double elsewhere.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007