Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A conversation with Jesus.
Many times when I am troubled or confused, I find comfort in sitting in my back yard and having a scotch and cigar along with a quiet conversation with Jesus.
This happened to me again after a particularly difficult day.
I said "Jesus, why do I work so hard?" And I heard the reply: "Men find many ways to demonstrate the love they have for their family. You work hard to have a peaceful, beautiful place for your friends and family to gather."

I said: "I thought that money was the root of all evil." And the reply was: "No, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Money is a tool; it can be used for good or bad".

I was starting to feel better, but I still had that one burning question, so I asked it. "Jesus," I said, "what is the meaning of life? Why am I here?"
He replied, "That is a question many men ask. The answer is in your heart and is different for everyone.
I would love to chat with you some more, Señor, but now, I have to finish your lawn."
[lol][lol][ROTF] 
Tongue Now that's funny right there!
[lol]

damn! you got me! what a great stealth finish.
lol... and I was waiting for you to say something about Sergeione Tongue
discdog Wrote:Tongue Now that's funny right there!
Can't take credit for it as I stole it from another board. It was just too good not to share here.Smile
I printed this out and read it to a few friends that came over for wine and cigars tonight and it went over great.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:lol... and I was waiting for you to say something about Sergeione Tongue
HAHAHAHA....I was thinking the same thing....Big Grin Tongue
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
they found out Jebus' after school job

LOL......GOOD one bro
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Great keeper there.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.