Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A contest, of sorts.....
The back story.
A friend of mine who smoked the very occasional cigar, recently went through some medical issues. Due to his medical conditions, he was informed the he is no longer allowed to enjoy any tobacco products. So he had to give up his clove cigarettes, hookah, and his cigars.

The current situation.
After getting himself better, he and his wife went through an adjustment period and have finally gotten rid of all their ashtrays, secret stashes, hookah tobacco's and stuff. A couple weeks ago, he brought a stash of cigars over to game night and asked those of us that smoke them (two of us), to divy them up.
I felt bad of course, but he insisted. So my friend that smokes cigars and I went through them. Most of the cigars were the flavored kind. Acid and Isla Del Sol's. I have tried Acid's in the past, and they aren't for me. So I figured that a small contest would get them into the hands of someone who would appreciate them, or possibly someone that they know that likes them, would be in order. I know that these sticks have more than two years on them. They have been properly maintained and as far as I know are ready to smoke!

The contest.
I have a fiver of acid's. Two Toast's and Three Kuba Kuba's.

[Image: Acids.jpg]

The contest is a simple one, that I will give each of you the best chance of winning. Smile

As many of you know, back on november 1st 2011, I had the misfortune to fall off of a ladder. I tore my ACL and ripped the meniscus of my right knee. I had the ACL replaced, meniscus repaired, and lots of physical therapy.
Now there is some doctor-esse name for everything they did that ended in, 'ectomy'. It was lots of 'fun'.
As a result of the knee brace, and walking like Frankenstein, I compressed a disk in my lower spine. I had an S.I. injection and three epidural lumbar punctures done to relieve that (not entirely successful - but about as good as its going to get). Now here I am nine-ish months later from the accident, and about as good as I am going to get from that. Now I'm paying for it.
Here we go.....
I totaled up everything that my insurance company has been billed. From the initial ER visit, up through my last physical therapy visit.
I've also totaled up everything that *I* have been billed with my co-insurance and co-pay's.

The contest is for you to guess as closely as possible, these two numbers.

This contest is open to all registered members of this forum, (except for one person who has agreed to be my verification master) with a post count of 50 or more.
The contest starts today (07-21-12) and runs until next friday night (07-27-12) at 11:55pm eastern time.
The person who guesses closest without going over, wins.
Each registered member (with more than 50 posts) can enter two guesses, (for each) total.

Good guessing!!
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Cool contest!
--Mike
(07-21-2012, 07:45 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Cool contest!

Yes, but who wants to win?Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Wonder if I have 50 posts...

I'll see in a sec.

nope
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less"

Gen Shinseki
(07-21-2012, 08:18 AM)Dwharmsway Wrote: Wonder if I have 50 posts...

I'll see in a sec.

nope

Get to 50 before the contest ends or I'll give you 10 of mine. Anything for the troops..
In fact, I declare you the winner!Smile
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Just wanted to let you know that I am the official holder of the numbers... Smile

Great contest- be sure to enter!!!

54 and 107.50
I PM you my guess so no one can copy mine and add one.
Honorary Shield Brother
Since Tarheel7734 was the only one that posted, and definitely didnt go over.....heh heh. he wins.

I'm going to hold onto the actual numbers though...for another contest I am getting ready for, with some non-acid sticks.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
(08-02-2012, 10:20 PM)Domniomaestro Wrote: Since Tarheel7734 was the only one that posted, and definitely didnt go over.....heh heh. he wins.

I'm going to hold onto the actual numbers though...for another contest I am getting ready for, with some non-acid sticks.

Thumbsup
Honorary Shield Brother